Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Searching

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: Searching In reply to
You would need to change sub get_date and sub date_to_unix in the db.cgi file. If you tell me the format you want to the date to be in, I'll be glad to give you the code for the subroutines.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Hi,

I think I'm having a similar problem. I'm sure it's an error on my part but I can't figure it out.

We have the makings of a recipes databse here
http://www.boxplanet.com.au/cgi-bin/bp/recipes/db.cgi?db=default&uid=default

The problem is with the "What's In The Fridge" section, We want users to be able to search the ingredients field by entering in what meats, veggies etc. they have in their fridge and then we want it to output the recipes that contain any or all of those ingredients.

The problem is that it's only able to work if you match just one word in the ingredients field.

For example we have two dummy records there now -- fruit platter which has fruit, plate in the ingredients field and a test record which just has test in the Ingredients field.

What we'd like is if someone say were to put in "fruit, test" as being what's in their fridge and then click find my recipes for it to come back with both the recipes containing those words.

At the moment it's just coming back no records, however if you put just one of those words you get the recipe containing that ingredient coming back in the results.

So if you put "Fruit" as your search term and nothing else it will show the fruit platter in the search results. If however you put "fruit, plate" as the search terms it comes back no records even though the fruit platter has both of those in the ingredients.

I've tried every number of search strings and commands I can think of, and it still will only work if it's just one keyword in the search string.

I had the Match Any check box there but it didn't have any impact to the results.

This is the form that I have for the search box :
<form action="$db_script_url" method="GET">
<input type=hidden name="db" value="$db_setup">
<input type=hidden name="uid" value="$db_uid">
<input type="TEXT" name="Ingredients" size=30>
<input type="SUBMIT" name="view_records" value="Find My Recipes!">
</form>

Kylie

Quote Reply
Never mind, just found on another thread that it can't be done. Does anyone know of a third party script or search facility that can do this for us?

Thanks
Kylie
> >