Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Validate records

Quote Reply
Validate records
Hi,

A while back you made a MOD the lets the admin validate a record before it's added to the database. I was looking for it, and haven't had luck finding it. Any chance you can tell me where to find it.

Thanks
Eli
Quote Reply
Re: Validate records In reply to
No, that's not exactly correct. The mod I use sets a flag that the record is unvalidated when it is added to the database. When anyone but an admin searches the database, only validated records are returned. It may seem like a small distinction, but I think it's an important one. The records are added to the database.

I'll have to put together the mod. I have used several variations of it, depending on what clients wanted, so I have never actually put a mod together for it. (Actually, I may have, but it was a long time ago and if you were to find it on the forum, the code would probably be very poor.)

I'll get to it as soon as I can.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Hi,

Thanks. That sounds like a pretty good idea.
I'll add a hiden field
Code:
<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="VALIDATED" VALUE="NO">
Then I would do a search on all validated=No, and make them yes. If you have a better solution, that would be great.

p.s. I notice you mention that you have made some more MODS for other sites. Do you have a place where I can see all these MODS, other then www.jpdeni.com/dbman/mods.html.

p.p.s. Expect some mail soon Smile

Thanks
Eli

------------------
JFrost

Quote Reply
 Smile

No, I don't have mods listed that I have used for every client, primarily because I haven't had the time to write up the mods.

For the time being, your solution is a good one. It will at least tell you all the new records that have been added.

I will get to writing up the mods when I get the chance.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="VALIDATED" VALUE="NO">

Where in the html.pl did you put this. Kind of learning this as I go on. I want to do the same thing. I don't like the fact that the search comes back with that option open for the general user.

Thanks
Venice
Quote Reply
You'll need to do some other things before you do this, Venice, which I have answered in your other post. First, you will need to create your own form in the html.pl file. but let's get the other things ironed out first.

------------------
JPD