Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Questions about the program

Quote Reply
Questions about the program
Hi! I haven't yet started installing this program because I'm not yet sure if it'll properly fit my needs, so I have a couple questions (and I'm pretty good with making modifications to programs like this and links):

1) I'll need some people to have access only to certain listings (so our California representative can only have access to those of our members that live in California), is that possible?

2) I'll need the program, when somebody fills out the form to subscribe, to add the e-mail addresses to a large list of addresses. Preferrably when somebody modifies their e-mail address or unsubscribes I'd like that to search for it in that file and modify it as necessary. Possible?

3) I'll need the program, when somebody subscribes, to add that person to the registry for the Ultimate Bulletin Board with their password (if any of you know much about that program)

4) I'll need to be able to search the database and get a database type listing in a table similar to this:
78 Joe Smith asdf@aol.com
98 Jill Waters idf@msn.net
etc.
Possible?

I know to do this I'll probably need to make a fair amount of mods to the program. I'm just checking here to see if stuff similar to this has already been done so I'll have a little direction to start off with.

Or would this topic be best posted in the DBman Discussion forum?

Thanks in advance for getting back to me on this.

------------------
Ira Krizo
Christian Chefs Fellowship
www.ChristianChefs.org

[This message has been edited by Ira (edited March 07, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Re: Questions about the program In reply to
1) This would be complicated. You would have to add a set of permissions for each category, which won't be easy to do.

2) Yes.

3) Nope...but DBMAN users like millsie are working on this.

4) Yes.

Quote:
Or would this topic be best posted in the DBman Discussion forum?

Yes...it would be better situated in the Discussion Forum.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center