Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Problem with Chinese characters

Quote Reply
Problem with Chinese characters
Hi, I am having problem to translate all those variables and fields from English to Chinese. When I run the script, it gives me error message like "Unrecognized character \252 at default.cfg line 64."
I know there's something to do with English word uses 1 byte and Chinese chars uses 2 bytes to store in computer. Does anyone have a solution to solve my problem? Thank you! If it's possible, please send email to hendry@v-wave.com

Quote Reply
Re: Problem with Chinese characters In reply to
Yea...try downloading the Non-English Mod for LINKS and install the regular expression (valid expressions) for the fields used in LINKS for the fields you have in DBMAN. This Modification is located in the Resource Center in the LINKS section.

BTW: This type of question NEEDS TO and SHOULD be posted in the Discussion Forum since you have already installed DBMAN.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Thanks Eliot,

Actually I am totally a newbie to perl script. Is it possible that for you to post some examples and let me follow the modification a bit better? I found there are two different mod in LINK's resource center. Which one should I follow or it doesn't really matter? Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Not at this time...But one quick suggestion, look at the structure of the fields in the db_def file. In the last column, you will see the column for valid_expressions...This is where you would insert the regular expressions included in the Non-English Mod for Links in that column. There is one and only one Non-English Mod in the Modification Section of the LINKS script in the Resource Center.

Also, do some research on regular expressions...that is the best way to learn Perl.

That is all I can say for now...

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center