Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

One thing I learned, and one question

Quote Reply
One thing I learned, and one question
What a sweet, sweet script this is! I'm looking forward to having lots of fun with it. And what a great support forum too--I haven't seen one single flame yet.

Since I've done some perl before, I thought that setting the demo version up wouldn't be that hard, so I'm too embarrassed to admit how long it took me :-). When I finally figured out what the problem was, I thought it might help others if I shared what worked for me.

Like so many others, I was plagued by the pesky "Error loading required libraries" message. The standard response to that here is "make sure you uploaded the files in ASCII!" Well, I didn't think that applied to me--I ftp'ed
dbman.tar.gz directly to my web server (to which I have shell access). I gunzipped it, untarred it, files looked like ASCII--just couldn't figure out what the problem was.

Finally, in desperation, I ftp'd everything to my workstation then ftp'd it right back to the web server (both times in ASCII mode, natch). And guess what, it fixed the problem.

Thought there might be others in the same boat.

Now, if someone would please clarify for me--after looking at db.cgi in some detail, it appears that when you've got debugging turned on you ALWAYS get the message "DBMan encountered an internal error" whether there really is an
error or not. If there is no error, the error type is given as "Debug Information." Can someone please verify for me that that's really the case and not just wishful thinking on my part? :-)

Thanks for all your help--I've gotten a lot out of reading all your messages so far.

Dianne

Quote Reply
Re: One thing I learned, and one question In reply to
In Reply To:
Now, if someone would please clarify for me--after looking at db.cgi in some detail, it appears that when you've got debugging turned on you ALWAYS get the message "DBMan encountered an internal error" whether there really is an
error or not. If there is no error, the error type is given as "Debug Information." Can someone please verify for me that that's really the case and not just wishful thinking on my part? :-)
Yep, that's right Smile

- Mark

Astro-Boy!!
http://www.zip.com.au/~astroboy/