Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

New Setup Question

Quote Reply
New Setup Question
I am a new user here and have a question. I have gotten my dbman database setup to where it works as for adding, deleting, modifying and so forth. What I don't have yet or understand is, I want any user who comes to my web site to input info in the database to have to register for a username and password. The only screen I get is the dbman login screen where you input your username and password. How do I develope a sign up page/screen where my users can sign up?

I am a newbie so be gentle here, maybe I am missing something. Also, thanks JPDeni, you are a jewel in helping me set this up from your tutorial at your web site.

Quote Reply
Re: New Setup Question In reply to
You have to add the following link in your sub html_home routine in the html.pl file:

Code:

<a href="$db_script_link_url&signup_form=1">Sign-up for Account</a>

From an external web page outside of the DBMAN script, you can add the following URL:

Code:

<a href="http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi?db=default&uid=default&signup_form=1">Sign-up for Account</a>

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanks Eliot... While reading in earlier posts I saw where JPDeni had answered a similer question: just have a page with db.cgi?signup_form=1 in the url. It worked and I feel stupid.

I appreciate your help!

Quote Reply
You're welcome.

In Reply To:
It worked and I feel stupid.
You shouldn't...there are few glitches in DBMAN that users need to fix themselves in order to get DBMAN to work.

Don't worry...in time, you'll get it.

Smile

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Are these newbies 'glitches' listed anywhere to help relieve the strain on this forum?

Rick
(Another newbie!!)

Quote Reply
I've got a little file that's listed in the Resource Center. You can pick it up at http://www.jpdeni.com/dbman/Mods/bugfix.txt.

JPD
Quote Reply
Got it (now)

Thanks very much

Rick