Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Invalid format returned no matter what.

Quote Reply
Invalid format returned no matter what.
I have 22 fields in my database. One field is killing me. Everytime I try to add a record I get Invalid format returned from the experience field. I've tried alpha and numer and changing the max size. This is the line from %db_def

'Experience' => [9, 'alpha', 0, 30, 1, '', '0-1 years|1-2 years|3-4 years|5-6 years|7-8 years|9-10 years|11-15 years|16-20 years|20+ years' ],
and in %db_radio_fields I have
'Experience' => '0-1 years,1-2 years,3-4 years,5-6 years,7-8 years,9-10 years,11-15 years,16-20 years,20+ years',
HELP!
Quote Reply
Re: Invalid format returned no matter what. In reply to
You have the default values in the wrong place. You have the values for the field in the regular expression spot in the field.

The field configuration should look like the following:

Code:
'Experience' => [9, 'alpha', 0, 30, 1, '0-1 years|1-2 years|3-4 years|5-6 years|7-8
years|9-10 years|11-15 years|16-20 years|20+ years', ''],

Hope this helps.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Founder and Editor
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
http://www.anthrotech.com/
info@anthrotech.com
==========================
Coconino Community College
http://www.coco.cc.az.us/
Web Technology
Coordinator
elee@coco.cc.az.us

[This message has been edited by Eliot (edited October 06, 1999).]
Quote Reply
I tried that as you said. What that does is put checks in each of the boxes in the form field. What I'm trying to figure out is why that field always returns an invaild format. None of the other fields that use the same syntax have this problem. I have also tried to configure that field so the user manually inputs experience. When I do that it adds the record, but in that field it returns the word default.
Quote Reply
The reason it returns "default" in the field -- and that you're getting "invalid format" is that you haven't changed the $auth_user_field variable in your .cfg file.

If you have a userid field, change $auth_user_field to match the number of the userid field. If you don't, change $auth_user_field to

$auth_user_field = -1;

------------------
JPD

PS: You can change your field definition back to what it was before.

[This message has been edited by JPDeni (edited October 06, 1999).]
Quote Reply
You are so smart.
Thanks
Quote Reply
No, not that smart. Just experience. Smile

When I find out that anyone is having any kind of problem at all with field #9, I know that's the source of the problem. You're in a very large community of people that have done exactly the same thing! Smile

------------------
JPD