Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Diferent forms with the same dbman program

Quote Reply
Diferent forms with the same dbman program
Hi. I am not getting to solve a problem: I have a databese with several fields of information. The registration is not problem: They should really fill obligatorily all the fields. My doubt is with relationship to the field of the search. It would not like that the search form has all the same fields of the registration form. That is to say, I find a trick the people they to seek inside for certain fields of the form. Concluding: It would like that the search form has less fields than the registration form, but that shows, as soon as requested, all the registered information. How should I proceed? Would it be necessary to install two programs using the same database? Please, help me!!

A great hug.

Peter Cardozo Losch

Obs: Sorry about my english... )
Quote Reply
Re: Diferent forms with the same dbman program In reply to
You did quite well expressing yourself. No need to apologize. Smile

The easiest way to have a separate form for searching is to copy your html_record_form subroutine and paste it back into the script. You will now have two identical subroutines.

Rename the second one to

sub html_search_form

The go through the second one and delete all the fields you don't want people to search by. (It's easier to delete things you already have written than to type in the whole thing.)

Then, in the following subroutines:
html_view_search
html_view_failure
html_modify_search
html_delete_search

change the lines that refer to

&html_record_form

to

&html_search_form

Voila!

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Thank you very much, JPD. Its help was brilliant. When the project is ready, I will send for everybody the address of the site.

Once again thank you and a great hug.

Peter Cardozo Losch
Quote Reply
I will be very pleased to see it when it's done.

I like hugs!! Smile

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
JPD,

Hugs are a brazilian habit. It is you really deserve.

Once again, thank you.

Peter