Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Deleting problem

Quote Reply
Deleting problem
I'vr got my 'preference list' working good, but one thing makes me crazie... When I, as the admin call my pref. list, and try to delete some records by calling the delete_form=1 the script will skip my first field to display, this only happens by the admin. Is there with this info an explanation for???
Quote Reply
Re: Deleting problem In reply to
I don't know. What's in your first field?

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
I don't know what you mean.

I get that the first field is the ID field. But I don't know what

Quote:
and the second field must be displayed.

means.

You wrote earlier

Quote:
try to delete some records by calling the delete_form=1

Can you give me a full example of what you mean? Is this a link you're clicking on?

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
This all have to do with the preference list. I thought, when someone can add records to his own list, there must be a possibility to delete them also. With all registered users, this works good. But when I, as the admin add records and than try to delete some, the delete records-display give me a short list, that started to display the third field, when it must be the second field. (the first ID-field is hidden) I think it has something to do with a line in the 'delete_record' sub in the scrpt,
Code:
($output .= "$line\n" and next LINE) if ($restricted and ($db_userid ne $data[$auth_user_field]));
or in that area.
The link, which you can click, for deleting the records out of the pref. list is:
Code:
$db_script_link_url&delete_form=1&$db_key=*"
where the 'db=voorkeur' and the 'uid=$db_uid'.
Quote Reply
The line you posted from sub delete_records would have no effect on the appearance of the delete form, since sub delete_records is only used after the submit button on the delete form is clicked.

Since the search for records to delete is done at the beginning of sub html_delete_form, it seems that your problem lies either in sub html_delete_form or sub query. Since the problem only occurs when someone with admin permission is logged on, I would look in both of those subroutines for places that refer to $per_admin.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
ID and the second field must be displayed.