Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Adding new Field in default.cfg

Quote Reply
Adding new Field in default.cfg
Okay last time I bother anyone. I just tried to add a field, "ADDRESS" in default.cfg and I know the build is correct. I cut and pasted what was already there. Anyways, I went through html.pl and made the necessary additions to the HTML Record Form sections. Well I want to know is that all I have to do....because when I upload and verify the permissions, it gave me "Popluar" Too Long error and Can't Leave Category empty errors.

Those are the only changes I made.
Did I enter in the correct data and method?
Thanks
Folks

Pain in the ass
MAGSGQ
Quote Reply
Re: Adding new Field in default.cfg In reply to
Could you copy your .cfg file to a web-accessible directory -- one where you would place html files -- and then tell us where to find it? It's hard to tell exactly what you did without looking at it.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Hi JPDeni....
http://www.castnets.net/default.cfg
http://www.castnets.net/html.pl

They are basically in my root folder.

Thanks
Im going to try one more time in the meantime.
Quote Reply
Just wanted to let you know that I got that part figured out, but now a new user I setup to help me enter in records, can not enter them witout getting a "Popular too long..." error. Now I have tried to recreate the user but no luck. When I login as ADMIN it works, but for poor brandon, it is not cooperating.
Quote Reply
JPDeni...You are the woman :-)
Thanks for your help. It seems to be working just fine....so long as I don't make anymore changes.

Thanks again.
Come next week we should be looking about about 200 - 300 records and hopefully growing. We will not offer new users though...just access to the records.

Thanks again.
Quote Reply
There's a problem with your .cfg file.

Code:
Business => [1, 'alpha', 40, 255, 1, '', ''],
Address => [1, 'alpha', 40, 255, 1, '', ''],

You can't have two fields with the same number.

You'll need to renumber the fields in the .cfg file. You'll also need to change

$auth_user_field = 9;

to

$auth_user_field = 10;

because your Userid field will be field 10 after you renumber.

You may also need to start your database over from scratch (although from what you said, you haven't been able to add records anyway).

Other problems I see:

In your %db_select_fields definition, you need to take out the spaces after the commas, so it looks like this:

Category => 'Restaurant,Accommodation,Shopping,Recreation,Other',

same thing with the Location field.

You have

$auth_allow_default = 1;
@auth_default_permissions = (1,0,0,0,0);
$auth_signup = 1;
@auth_signup_permissions = (1,0,0,0,0);
$auth_modify_own = 1;

Are you sure that's what you want? Users who sign up have the same permissions as default users.

------------------
JPD