Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

unknown action

(Page 3 of 3)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: unknown action In reply to
Dear JPDeni,
After posting my request to you, I have been reviewing through the forum and I have come across many succesful multi fileuploads from members and this takes the cake when one own is not getting any where. what would be the matter and why this message is printed.
i have been looking at another issue, of your relational faqs to read more on it and have not been succesful in getting the many forums on it, hope you could direct me to a link where I can understand more of it.
I have come to start with an idea of an initial database with a limited fields just for getting the members profile of their name and the created account of their username and their own password. the reason that the site is to be hosted to facilitate a sort of service to members only, whereby they can post to other members of items for sale,barter or exchange, as such the multi fileupload was look at. it can upload five images. a member can have one to two images for viewing, ie of oneself which i would like the member to do, a past and a curent to let members see the changes of the person, then the others would be images of items which could be posted for other members to view where a member wishes to have it exhange for something, barter for or sell it cheap.
so I thought of the relational mod. user to update their files and what they have to offer to members and in the second database is where it will furnish the infor for all to view. I have tried it out as per your mod and where I have not be able to understand is how would the cgi look for in the defination, ie the cfg file of the both database. as the cfg of both database is named differently. where do I add in the cgi to have the script to look for the member intial database, i know that when it mentioned of the link , it is to be able to switch to either database, but when I tried it,the cgi, it was not able to call up the cfg to begin.
message shows and inform not able to locate the cfg file.
your help into is most weocome.
I am and currently using the fileupload2 mod to test the site with a few members. but only allows one image to be upload, but what about , using it to upload one after another, which i have yet tried. could this be done with this mod.
yours in anticipation
david

Quote Reply
Re: unknown action In reply to
Dear JPDeni,
I have been trying out the relational and multi and still not aok.
but anyway I hae not had your respond for sometime and I do hope that i did not offend you an anyway that this is and will be your last of your post. I have tested it with the following uf_html.pl, mass and bademail mod and the fileupload2 which is working. that is i have tested it from a static page where one has to signup or logon as a member. it works but this has yet to be known if it will get to a point where it will crash for some reason in due time. it is still on trial and am testing with a couple of members. it is a simple database for the moment but would like to have a couple of database set to be related to each other which will then be as in the relational mod information as mentioned that the member will be the one to be adding in the data. This is what it will be set to be. plain and simple. the issue to to get members to participate, as such their own entry of data would be the issue to show that they are in to the home page setup for them.. now with the fileupload2 mod only the issue is only one image can be downloaded and it would not be sufficient as in the ralational situation what we wnat of the member is to have the member to point out to items which they wish to have other members to view for exchange of barter. the multi upload allows max of five uploads as to the fileupload2 mod which only allows one. any suggestion as to how this could be done with fileupload2 instead of changing to multi if multi mod is still persisiting in printing out the error message as mentioned. thanking in anticipation.
yours
david fong

> >