Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

popup fields blanking on find

Quote Reply
popup fields blanking on find
when I do a search for an item in a popup list, when the record is found, that popup list defaults to ------- so if I search for (for example) "key" from a popup list, when the record which contains that is returned, "key" does not appear in the popup list...

sorry, dunno how else to describe it! can anyone help?
Quote Reply
Re: popup fields blanking on find In reply to
ignore me completely (well, on this thread anyhooo. i am just waffling incorigibly...

figured it out already.
Quote Reply
This sounds very similar to my problem, but I haven't figured it out yet. When it brings up the record for me to modify, any field with a dropdown box is set to ---. The default.cfg has been set both ways to $auth_modify_own = 0/1;, but doesn't have an effect. We have other databases setup that work fine, and the only thing I've added to is the following source that I've since commented out again, to no effect. These lines are right above &html_modify_success;. The subroutines that these lines call are correct, because they work fine elsewhere in our databases. Any ideas on what the problem is?

---------------Source Code-----------------
# if ($in{'ISP'} eq "Centex") {
# &check_cen_unresolved;
# }
# if ($in{'ISP'} eq "West Central Net") {
# &check_wcn_unresolved;
# }
# if ($in{'ISP'} eq "Web Access") {
# &check_web_unresolved;
# }
# if ($in{'ISP'} eq "WCS Online") {
# &check_wcs_unresolved;
# }
# if ($in{'ISP'} eq "Poka.com") {
# &check_poka_unresolved;
# }

-----------End Source Code------------------

Thanks for any assists.

Quote Reply
If I am understanding your problem correctly, you want the default values (or the values entered) to appear in your modification form.

The following thread addresses this problem:

www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/forum/resources/Forum12/HTML/000467.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Founder and Editor
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
http://www.anthrotech.com/
info@anthrotech.com
==========================
Coconino Community College
http://www.coco.cc.az.us/
Web Technology
Coordinator
elee@coco.cc.az.us
Quote Reply
After going trhough that thread and trying the fixes recommended, I am now getting several errors in the cgi. Something that may be throwing off my solution is that the variables don't use underscores between words. This would explain most of the fields not loading, but I have one field that is just a single word on each variable and it doesn't load during Modify either. Hoping you can help further, I converted db.cgi, html.pl, and default.cfg to .txt and posted them at http://support.wcc.net/db.txt, html.txt, and default.txt respectively. The errors I receive when running db.cgi through my Perl Debugger are:
Scalar found where operator expected at f:\dbman\db.cgi line 924, at end of line
(Missing operator before ?)
syntax error at f:\dbman\db.cgi line 924, near ""<OPTION SELECTED value="$field"
String found where operator expected at f:\dbman\db.cgi line 924, near "$field">$showfield\n""
(Missing operator before ">$showfield\n"?)
Scalar found where operator expected at f:\dbman\db.cgi line 925, at end of line
(Missing operator before ?)
String found where operator expected at f:\dbman\db.cgi line 925, near "$field">$showfield""
(Missing operator before ">$showfield"?)
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at f:\dbman\db.cgi line 1124.

Thanks again for the assist,
Kip
Quote Reply
I may have entered the wrong code somewhere.

Lines 924-925 say

Code:
($output .= "<OPTION SELECTED value="$field">$showfield\n") :
($output .= "<OPTION value="$field">$showfield");

They need to be

Code:
($output .= qq|<OPTION SELECTED value="$field">$showfield\n|) :
($output .= qq|<OPTION value="$field">$showfield|);

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
That last bit of code fixed the compilation errors, but the drop down boxes still reset when I pull up Modify. I've searched through this forum for everything about Modify from the last year, but haven't found anything else yet. Any other ideas, or am I stuck with this?
Quote Reply
When I read your first post in this thread, it seemed like you were talking about search results. Now it seems like you're talking about the modify form.

I didn't look at your .cfg file before, because I was more concerned about the syntax error in db.cgi.

The problem you're having is that you have spaces between your select field options:

Code:
Right:
User_Error => 'No prefix in the dialer username,Added the prefix to the e-mail username,Not d

Wrong:
User_Error => 'No prefix in the dialer username, Added the prefix to the e-mail username, Not d

Take out the spaces and you should be okay.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
That fixed it. Thanks for the assist.