Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

permission question

Quote Reply
permission question
I've been using dbman for a while on my new mountain biking site so I should know the answer to this question however I can't think of it right now. What I would like to do is have the user enter the database without having them to login but if they want to add/delete/modify a record, they are directed to the login page and once they login, they are sent back to what they originally wanted to do. (I'm not sure if that last one is possible but its worth a shot). I guess for the admin functions, I would have myself as the default user so it logs directly into the database. Let me know if this is possible.

Thanks.

------------------
Jason
Extreme mtb
http://extreme.nas.net
Quote Reply
Re: permission question In reply to
Why not allow default user with view only permissions, and allow signup with add, view, modify. It is all in tbe default.cfg settings. Your default link would be db.cgi?uid=default and your login screen link would just be to db.cgi which will give user a logon prompt. Your link to sign up a new user would be db.cgi?signup_form=1. Again you need to make sure all the variables and permissions are set up in default.cfg
Quote Reply
Re: permission question In reply to
I don't know how to do the "they are sent back to what they originally wanted to do" part, but you could change sub main in db.cgi to do what you want.

Everywhere in the subroutine that says

&html_unauth;

change it to

&html_login_form;

------------------
JPD