Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

cannot add records

Quote Reply
cannot add records
When I try to add records, I get an error which logs/error.log reveals to be "premature end of script headers".

I was editing files today (via ssh):
* uploading a new database
* updating login screen and home screen in html.pl

I'm not sure whether the error was there before. After finding the error I noticed debugging was on, and turned it off, and that timediff wasn't being found, which I fixed by changing "require Benchmark" to "use Benchmark".

I would appreciate any help. The database is at:
[url]http://sarbayes.org/cgi-bin/SAR/db.cgi[/url]
Post deleted by acravens In reply to
Post deleted by acravens In reply to
Quote Reply
Re: [ctwardy] cannot add records In reply to
Do you have a backup copy of your html.pl file before you made the changes?
Quote Reply
Re: [acravens] cannot add records In reply to
I tried what I think was a backup before today's changes, and had the same problem. But it was an auto-generated emacs backup, so it's possible it had some changes. I have a much older version I can try.

At least when the server comes back online. Poking around in the error log I noticed some odd things. Looks like the site got cracked so it's down now. :-(
Quote Reply
Re: [ctwardy] cannot add records In reply to
This is going to be difficult without having a known good starting point to begin troubleshooting (and without having your code). Always make a backup before making a change so you can back it out if it breaks something.

Here's what I would suggest. Backup everything right now. Install a new copy of dbman on your server and verify it works using the default db that comes with the distribution.

Next, copy your custom database along with the MINIMUM number of supporting files needed to test it. By supporting files I mean the cfg file, the count file etc. For testing use the standard unmodified html.pl file. You need to verify the database and cfg files are OK before starting to apply your modifcications.

After you have verified the new database and cfg files work then apply your mods to the html.pl file one at a time. That way, if something breaks, you'll know exactly which mod broke it.
Quote Reply
Actually, if you already have the default db in you dbman directory, you can try using that to test you current install.
Quote Reply
Well, sensible. I'll give it a try when the machine's back.
----
Charles Twardy
<a href="http://sarbayes.org">sarbayes.org</a>