Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

auto display

Quote Reply
auto display
Man I have searched the forum through and through but no solution found.
Has anyone ever written a routine to auto display records (i.e. slide show)?

If so, please point me to the code.

Thanks, Rick
Quote Reply
Re: [rderks] auto display In reply to
Your best bet would be to look for a javascript photo gallery script. That would be way beyond the idea behind DBMan.

JPD
----------------------------------------------------
JPDeni's DBMan-ual
How to ask questions the smart way.
Quote Reply
Re: [JPDeni] auto display In reply to
Thanks for the reply - I guess I am trying to convert the long routine to...
Basically display the record and instead of showing the next record the script would just increment and show the next.

Uh something like that...

Thanks again, Rick
Quote Reply
Re: [rderks] auto display In reply to
It would take javascript to do that. Maybe there's someone here who knows javascript and would be able add that programming. I don't. Not a clue. :)

JPD
----------------------------------------------------
JPDeni's DBMan-ual
How to ask questions the smart way.
Quote Reply
Re: [JPDeni] auto display In reply to
You can do it with META tags in the page heading, but some browsers have them turned off by one of the security patches MS released a while back (I believe it was in error since it doesn't seem to be a recurring issue). Anyway here is how I go from one sub/record to the next:

<META HTTP-EQUIV = REFRESH CONTENT = "0; URL=$db_script_url?$next_url&nh=$next_hit">

Use the "0" to change the time delay (zero is no or very little delay) and the change the link to suit your needs if necessary. Note where the quotes (" ") are in the above tag - it can trip you up if you're not careful.

You'd want to put the tag in "html_record_long" sub.

These tags are *supposed* to go between the <HEAD></HEAD> tags but I think it'll work okay if you just stick it in the html_record_long sub.

Last edited by:

Watts: Jan 15, 2007, 7:50 AM