Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Who's Online

Quote Reply
Who's Online
Hi All, I'm having problems with the Who's Online Mod, I copied all the info to the right places and the problem is in the sub html_footer(below) between -->> <<-- I 'm using the user-friendly html.pl. I've noticed that after Who -->'s Online</A> ! <-- shows as code and not a text link. I've tried adding \ before the ' and still get the error.
Thx in advance

sub html_footer {
# --------------------------------------------------------
# Print the menu.
#
# We only print options that the user have permissions for.
#

print qq!<P align=center><$font_color>!;
print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url">Home</A> !;
print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url&add_form=1">Add</A> ! if ($per_add);
print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url&view_search=1">View</A> ! if ($per_view);
print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url&delete_search=1">Delete</A> ! if ($per_del);
print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url&modify_search=1">Modify</A> ! if ($per_mod);
print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url&view_records=1&$db_key=*">List All</A> ! if ($per_view);
print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url&admin_display=1">Admin</A> ! if ($per_admin);
------>> print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url&whos_online=1">Who's Online</A> !<<----
print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url&logoff=1">Log Off</A> !;
print qq!|</font></p>!;

}

Quote Reply
Re: Who's Online In reply to
I think the problem is HTML coding may be seeing your <----- as a beginning comment tag.

If you want to use the > and < try putting the ASCII coding for the characters such as:

< = & l t ;

> = & g t ;

Take out the spaces in the example as they are only there so they will appear in the forum message.
You may also want to include a space before your dashes just to be sure it's not intrepeted as a comment tag.

Hope this helps

Unoffical DBMan FAQ
http://webmagic.hypermart.net/dbman/