Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Setting-up big database.pass

Quote Reply
Setting-up big database.pass
I have about 1000 membernames and ids stored in an access2000 database for our organization. I am not familiar enough with Perl syntax to figure out the encryption method so that I could write a visual basic program to create the 'database.pass' file. Entering those id's and passwords one at a time could take months! Is this possible, and if so would somebody please help me? Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Setting-up big database.pass In reply to
I posted a small script to handle this here: gossamer-threads.com/scripts/forum/resources/Forum5/HTML/001023.html .

I don't know if KatanaMan had any sucess with it, but I'm hoping that the lack of reply is a good indication.

To get it to work you'll need to export your usernames and passwords to a text file, delimited by a colon, like this:

user1:pass1
user2:pass2
etc.

Of course, you can use a different delimiter, but you'll have to adjust the script accordingly. Also, the script is set up to OVERWRITE the original file, so make sure you back up before you begin. Must fix that actually.

Hope it's ok, but if you have any problems post again and I'll try and fix any errors.

adam
Quote Reply
Re: Setting-up big database.pass In reply to
Thank you, Dahamsta. Your script works fine! Thanks for saving me from hours of frustration!

-Kevin