Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Searching multiple choices

Quote Reply
Searching multiple choices
Hi, I tried to search for my answer, but couldn't seem to find it. If this question has been answered before, I'd appreciate it if anyone could point me to the correct thread.

I have a database to store projects. Each project is assigned a person, Bob, Dave or George. They are radio buttons on the add record form. There can only be 1 choice.

I have a link created to search each person's projects.
I can search for all of Bob's projects; I can search for all of Daves and even all of Georges without any problem. My link use &user=George for example to create the search.

I can even use &user=>Bob and the search returns all of Daves AND all of Georges. The same holds for &user=<George I get Bob AND Dave.

What I want to search is all of Bob AND George. I can't seem to find the correct syntax for this. &user=<>Dave doens't work. &user=Bob&user=George doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Last edited by:

jpewslgl: Jan 26, 2006, 8:54 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [jpewslgl] Searching multiple choices In reply to
It seems that there have been discussions about "or" searches (which is really what you have here), but I can't remember what we did. It seems there was something with a | character -- something like "Bob|George" but I could be thinking of something else. ...

Wait a minute. There's the regular expression function. I'll do a bit of searching.

Yes. I think this will work.

&user=Bob|George&re=1

The only problem I can see is if you are using qq| ... |; as your quote delimiters. You'll need to use another character. qq~ ... ~; will work.

JPD
----------------------------------------------------
JPDeni's DBMan-ual
How to ask questions the smart way.