Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Mass mailer

Quote Reply
Mass mailer
Hi All, A little rusty now, I am looking to send mail to users from the search results. I have JPD's mass mailer installed but that sits on top of the input form. How to change it so that i can send mail to selected users. For example from the search results. Any help thanks Norvin

DBMAN Version: 2.04

Last edited by:

Syte: May 11, 2012, 1:23 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Syte] Mass mailer In reply to
The way the mod works -- you fill out the email part and use the selection form at the bottom to select the records you want to email. As long as you can select the desired records using the form, it's perfect. i always test the selection form by using the criteria to view the records; if it pulls the ones i want, then i use the same criteria on the mass mailer form.

sometimes i cannot select the records using the generic selection form. so i have set up a special field in my .def file that i use for selection. it's a radio field (yes/no) called massmail. i use the modify multiple records mod to mark the ones i want to email as yes. then when i use the mass mailer form, i just use that one field to select the records. then you can use the multiple mod to mark them back to no. (i actually wrote another mod to change all of them back to no at once).