Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Mail Mailer "Email Field Not Found"

Quote Reply
Mail Mailer "Email Field Not Found"
I am a new user to DBMan and it is fantastic! The forum and the MODs are excellent, and I've learned a lot in a very short time - thanks so much! I have web design background - but no programming experience.

I have completed several things without a problem - install of DBMAN and the add of Upload File and Secure Password Look-up MODs. I am now stuck on the Mass Mailer MOD. I've installed and am able to get to the mass mailer form to compose the email, but when trying to send it I'm getting the message "Email Field Not Found." I've looked at pretty much every resource and haven't been able to solve this on my own.

The email addresses of the users are being logged into default.pass, right after ADMIN permissions. The email is entered at time of username/password set up. (as set up by the Secure Password Look-up MOD) What I want to do is send an email to all the email addresses listed in the default.pass file. I think it might have something to do with a problem relating to this field:
# Fieldname that contains the email address of the user
$db_email_field = '$email';

....that is only a guess on my part.Frown

Any suggestions anyone might have for me will be greatly appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: [techart] Mail Mailer "Email Field Not Found" In reply to
in my cfg file:

# Fieldname that contains the email address of the user
$db_email_field = 'Email';

note there is no $ in 'Email';

also from the field definitions section of cfg file:

'Email' => [11, 'alpha', 40, 255, 0, '', '.+@.+..+'],

so, you must have a field in the database that contains the email address. the variable $db_email_field tells the script which field it is!
Quote Reply
Re: [delicia] Mail Mailer "Email Field Not Found" In reply to
I have a similar querie - I would like to send an email to everyone in my .pass list. The previous reply to this thread refers to a field in the database itself that contains email addresses, but this is not what we need! Does anyone know how to do this?

Fantastic software. Thanks for making it available.