Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

JPDeni Automatic View/Modify problem with modify list all option

Quote Reply
JPDeni Automatic View/Modify problem with modify list all option

I'm using JPDeni's Automatic View/Modify
Everything works perfectly for a regular user.

I am having a problem with the Admin/Modify/List All

When the admin selects "Modify" then the search screen appears and the search works fine; the admin can enter any search criteria to pull up a record for editing. But the List All option on that search screen doesn't work.

When the admin selects the Modify option, the Search screen appears but when the admin then selects the List All option from that search screen, the program presents the personal record for the admin person instead of listing all records with a checkbox to modify!

By the Way ... The Delete routine works perfectly for the Admin: when the admin selects the "Delete" option then a search screen appears with a link to "list all" and the list all does work perfectly.

I have searched exhaustively, to the best of my ability, throughout this dbman forum, JPDeni's site and LoisC's FAQ site and can find nothing that addresses this problem.

If anyone can help me, or link a thread that does address this problem I greatly appreciate it!!

Here is my sub html_footer routine containing what I pasted from the JPDeni mod:

Code:
sub html_footer {
# --------------------------------------------------------
# Print the menu and the footer and logo. It would be nice if you left
# the logo in. ;)
#
# We only print options that the user have permissions for.
#

my $font = 'Font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" Size=2';

print qq!<P align=center><$font>!;
print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url">Menu</A> !;
print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url&add_form=1">Add</A> ! if ($per_add);
if (!$per_admin && $auth_view_own) {
print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url&view_records=1&$db_key=*">Browse</A> ! if ($per_view);
}
else {
print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url&view_search=1">View</A> ! if ($per_view);
print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url&view_records=1&$db_key=*">List All</A> ! if ($per_view);
}
if (!$per_admin && $auth_modify_own) {
print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url&delete_form=1&$db_key=*">Delete</A> ! if ($per_del);
print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url&modify_form=1&$db_key=*">Modify</A> ! if ($per_mod);
}
else {
print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url&delete_search=1">Delete</A> ! if ($per_del);
print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url&modify_search=1">Modify</A> ! if ($per_mod);
}
print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url&admin_display=1">Admin</A> ! if ($per_admin);
print qq!| <A HREF="$db_script_link_url&logoff=1">Exit/Log-Off</A> !;
print qq!|</font></p>!;

# Print the Footer -- note: a link (doesn't have to be the graphic) is
# required unless you purchase
# a license. See: http://gossamer-threads.com/scripts/register/ for more info.
print qq!

</td></tr></table>
<p><br>
<table class="sideblock" border=0 width=90% cellpadding=5>

<tr><td>
<p>
The Collaborative Partner Clearinghouse is a project of the CORAL Center:
Collaborative Online Research and Learning. For more information please write to
$coral_contact.
<br>

<tr><td align=right>
<span class="foot">Thanks to
<a class="small" href="http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/dbman/">Gossamer
Threads</a> for the initial script.</span></td></tr>
</table>
!;
}
Quote Reply
Re: [paula] JPDeni Automatic View/Modify problem with modify list all option In reply to
Your coding in the footer looks fine, what do you have for the link within the html.pl file

What I would do is to view the source code of the page when you call it up and check over the html coding to see if you can spot any problems, such as a missing " or to see if there are unmatched font tags within the coding which may cause problems in some browsers.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/