Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Hey, JPD, this one's for you!

Quote Reply
Hey, JPD, this one's for you!
I know you're the DBman god, so I have a problem to bring to you....

I've got DBman all set up the way I want it, but normal users with all the permissions except admin can add, but when they add, the resulting html says, Record Added: with nothing listed. Also, the same user cannot modify or delete the record they created.

One more problem. I have a field called dhtml which is 4 characters long and the user can set a value of Yes to it through a checkbox, but anytime you add a record or modify it (so far only in admin), the error comes back that the dhtml field entry is too long. Clicking modify or add again actually commits the change and the error doesn't pop up, and the change is recorded . Any ideas on these?
The database is at http://www.nebulus.org/dbman/ and I've set up a test user test/test. I'm going through the add and modify code line by line right now, so maybe I'll figure it out, but I thought I might try and tap your excellent knowledge of the script.

Thanks for any help!
Quote Reply
Re: Hey, JPD, this one's for you! In reply to
If nothing's listed on the "Record Added" page, then you are having a problem with your $db_key. You may need to start over with an empty database.

If users can't get access to their records, you're having problem with the userid field. If everything's set up right, probably starting over with a new database will do it.

Your problem with dhtml being too long is that on your add form you have two checkbox fields named dhtml. If someone checks both of them, the resulting record value is "Yes|Yes".

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Ok, I'll have to check out the DBs, but I'm getting that problem happening with all three databases! Could it be a problem with the way I have the authorization set up?

As for the dhtml entry, thanks - It always helps to have an extra set of eyes!
Quote Reply
Ok, STILL having trouble!
I made my cfg files the same as the default cfg, with the exception of the field names, and I still can't edit or modify as a user - just an admin!

For some reason, when you add a record, it doesn't add your username to the record, which is why a user can't modify or delete their own record - they don't "own" it.

I've left the add form the same as in the original html.pl file, and for some reason it still own't add the user name.

I uploaded a fresh .db file, and it still doesn't work. I'm sure it's not the key to the table, because that's the same as in the default.cfg file.

I'm losing hair over this! How can I force the script to add the users name to a record?

Thanks for all your help so far, BTW!
Quote Reply
STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! I checked my cfg files yet again and I did have a couple of keys misnumbered. Everything's fine now - imagine that!