Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

G-Community

Quote Reply
G-Community
Questions:

1)
is it possible to delete the function: "Lost Password Question" and "Lost Password Answer" ?
I actually don´t need this feature.

2)
if it´s difficult to delete it, I would like to know where I can translate the english words into german-language wording ?

3)
is it possible to change the english wording of the "birthday" data ? I want to change for example the word "Dec" to "Dezember" (german).

Thx,

Erich
http://www.investment-fonds.com
Quote Reply
Re: [erichcyber] G-Community In reply to
I assume that GT are planning to add all these into the setup area but haven't got round to it yet. If you go into your /private directory you should find a file called community.conf. Everything is in there.
To turn off the password question look for
signup_ask_question and set it to '0'.
You should also find all the signup questions which you can translate and all the date words.

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] G-Community In reply to
I do not have this community.conf. If I go through FTP to my server, there is a file called "private" but there is only a file called webpanel.cgi and a file called htaccess.

Please help,

Erich
Quote Reply
If you go to

setup->paths and urls

your private directory should be under path_private. (You may have called it something else.)
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] G-Community In reply to
the path there is: www/cgi/community/private

but I can not find this path if I FTP into my server.
Where and how can I find this path or this file where I can change the english words ?
Quote Reply
This is one of the fun things about FTP, and shared hosting, etc.

It looks like it put the /private directory inside your community directory.

Look at the URL of the community.cgi script. It's probably there, in the directory that has the community.cgi script in it.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.