Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Support Ticket System

Quote Reply
Support Ticket System
Hi. Just really a poll to see what people think....

I've had a request to write a Support Ticket System, which will act as a Plugin to Gossamer Community. The main features would be;

- Uses the 'user' table
- Add a 'ticket' table, which related the users posts together.
- Basic system to accept emails on support@domain.com
- Open/Close facility
- Priority Tickets
- Easy to use admin panel, so that you can see the title, number of replies, last reply, etc.
- Number of replies.
- Staff, which don't need access to your main admin area, but ALL the staff have reply/close privalidges. I'm suggesting this, as having multi 'levels' make the whole thing a lot more annoying to code, and would add a long time onto development (as well as not being the most enjoyable task in the world :p).
- Email notifications (open/close/reply)
- Admin/Staff email notifications, with details...i.e 147 open tickets, 269 closed, 15 unreplied to, etc.

What do you guys think? The price would be about $80.

TIA for your replies.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Support Ticket System In reply to
Hi there,

I was wondering why nobody really tackled that before. It is a good idea since it would help us to increase efficiency while still servicing our clients the same way as before. We are certainly interested in that. When is that due to be released?

Stuart
Quote Reply
I also think that such a thing is of great use.

Please check out the notorious perldesk. I gave up on using it as it is quite expensive and not at all tied to the user login process for community without some extra programming that doesn't make it worth while.

I was waiting for someone to propose this.

I would be glad to pay for this if the price is 80$.
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] Support Ticket System In reply to
Yeah, PerlDesk is the application I decided to integrate. I started work on it, and at least I now have a much better idea of how it all works. I'm going to wait until next Sunday though, as that is when version 2 is released (the current version just about works.. but its so messy its horrible).

I'll keep you updated :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

If I am not mistaken perl desk is not a freeware and am not sure if every users might be able/willing to buy it. However if you are interested I can dig out my favorites and send you a link to pretty nice and freely available support ticket system.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [NeedScripts.Com] Support Ticket System In reply to
Yeah, I was thinking more about putting the cost into the price that I charge (like GT do with AdCycle).

If you could send over that link, that would be great.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [NeedScripts.Com] Support Ticket System In reply to
Hi there,

My opinion is that this really does not need to be a "free for eveybody" system. From my point of view, anybody who supplies real support knows how much time is spent on answering the same questions over and over and over again. If you maintain just one operator for an hour a day, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that you are very well off paying for a sophisticated system that saves you 30 and more hours of men power every month.

Stuart
Quote Reply
Hi.

I have been using PD for quite a while, though i see them increase their price from 39to 49$ now. I have no regrets for using the same. There are some cosmetic changes though in the new version (1.8 if im correct) and i think im on 1.6

I am sure that if you negotiate with them as OEM supplier, they would bring it down definitely. Then just like Adcyle the logic of pricing would be fine. I don't see any justification of putting in resources and energy of "reinventing the wheel" (i could be wrong). As someone quoted, 80$ is what he is willing to pay. So bargain price on PD could see it down to 35$ as OEM supplier I am sure and the bundled pricing could be attractive enough for sales volume :-)

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Support Ticket System In reply to
Hi. Unfortunatly I did have a word with the guy who wrote PerlDesk, but he didn't seem very helpful, and he was far from willing to give a discount (or even let me have a test license to develop the plugin with). Thats why I decided to rewrite the wheel :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi.
No wonder the price went up.
Since u have done/would be doing all the rewrite, then just a suggestion for users who would not like to switch to GC immediately for some reasons, perhaps authentication against GM and other GT products could be thought of. Auth against GC would perhaps limit the "probable client base" to multiple GT products users who have migrated to GC (i haven't) ... Just a suggestion ...

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Support Ticket System In reply to
Yeah. I'll see how I can integrate the authentication routines, but I'm not sure how hard/easy its going to be to do, for example just LinksSQL, LinksSQL+GComm, GForum+GComm.

I think I may actually just do it for GComm, as thats at least free, and even if you only have one GT product running, it can act as the login intermeditory :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Any hope that this will be finished anytime soon?
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] Support Ticket System In reply to
Not that soon. Its quite a large project, so I can't really give a solid date I'm afraid :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi Andy,

I am far from beeing a programmer but there might be some interesting features in the solution I did for my university. Maybe you get some new ideas at:
http://my.tulba.com/downloads/ams/

Regards

n || i k o
Quote Reply
Re: [el noe] Support Ticket System In reply to
Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Is this still a possibility in the future??

</not a clue>
Quote Reply
Re: [Dinky] Support Ticket System In reply to
Indeed it is ... just got put on hold for a bit Unsure

I'm hoping to have it released early next year :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I am still interested as well, even if the waiting might kill it! Wink
Quote Reply
Hi,
Andy just to say that I'd be very interested in this when you get some free time (if you can remember what that is Wink). Just a count me in message.

Thanks, John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] Support Ticket System In reply to
In Reply To:
Hi,
Andy just to say that I'd be very interested in this when you get some free time (if you can remember what that is Wink). Just a count me in message.

Thanks, John

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like this will have to go higher up on my priority list again =) (no guarantees on a timeline though, sorry).

Quote:
(if you can remember what that is

LOL!

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

maybe this helps. It's quite simple but perhaps something to start with:

http://www.voxel.net/projects/ticketsmith/

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.

Last edited by:

ManuGermany: Nov 18, 2004, 9:41 AM