Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Security Image, Bug in 1.0 final?

Quote Reply
Security Image, Bug in 1.0 final?
I have installed 1.0 final. When I turn on Security Image, it does show a image, but I can't see the image clearly, can't type the content.

Do you have the same problem? Is it a bug, or something wrong with my GD?

For your reference, I attached the Screenshots.

Last edited by:

cfox: Jan 14, 2004, 6:25 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [cfox] Security Image, Bug in 1.0 final? In reply to
Hello Cfox:

I'm having problem with the image display. I can't event see any image.

I did installed GD-1.19 which is to create gif files according to "Stein lab Home" and version GD-2.11 is for PNG. Please verify the above statements.

Thank you, pyc
Quote Reply
Hi,

Hmm, it looks like a GD version conflict. Can you tell me what version of GD you have installed as well as what version of the perl module? You can get the perl version with:

perl -MGD -le 'print $GD::VERSION'

Finally, if someone can send us ssh access to support-community@gossamer-threads.com, we can resolve this quickly.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi,

This is a problem with GD 1.x which does not support using true type fonts. We went with using fonts as the built in fonts supplied by GD are not very nice and are hard to read.

We are working on a work around for GD 1.x to use the built in fonts and should have something shortly, however a better solution will be to upgrade to GD 2.x.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Security Image, Bug in 1.0 final? In reply to
my perl is 5.8.0

GD is 2.11

Before install GD, I installed zlib-1.2.1, libpng-1.2.5, jpeg-6b, gd-2.0.20 according GD install instruction.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Really? Can you send me ssh access and I'll take a look.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Security Image, Bug in 1.0 final? In reply to
I reinstall the GD, and everything is OK now. Thank Alex for help, thank you for this great software.

This time I installed zlib-1.2.1, libpng-1.2.5, gd-2.0.21, freetype-2.1.5, then GD 2.11.