Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Error messages

Quote Reply
Error messages
I'm getting some strange error messages:

Invalid page: GT::Mail=HASH(0xb3ab13c) at ...../lib/Community/Web/User.pm line 78

and

unable to update user: at ...../lib/Community/Web/User.pm line 573

Any ideas what may be causing them - should I be worried?

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Error messages In reply to
If you turn debug on, do you get any other errors?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Error messages In reply to
Hi Andy,

Thanks for replying - I'll try this tonight when the site is a bit quieter - I'm not quite sure when the errors happen yet so it may take a bit of time to reproduce.

Cheers,
Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
I think that this error

Invalid page: GT::Mail=HASH(0xb3ab13c) at ...../lib/Community/Web/User.pm line 78

can be replicated by clicking on Add Review in LinksSQL and then signing up as a new user in Community. When the email address is validated the user is redirected and then this message appears in the Error log. I think I've removed it by adding a return

comm_debug("user |$user->{comm_username}| verified email address |$user->{comm_email}|, redirecting to |$redir|") if ($CFG->{debug});
print $IN->header( -url => $redir, -cookie => $cookies );
return;

But I'm not sure whether this is correct?
Quote Reply
I haven't been able to replicate the other error. However, it does seem that at least some of the time it is not inserting the validation code into the database - so that when the user clicks on the validation url they can't login.
Quote Reply
Ah, I think the other error may have been down to a problem with one of my profile fields which I hope I've now fixed.

Edit: All users who filled in the problem profile field also did not get a validation code inserted into the database - they could log in but were not enabled in the applications so they couldn't do anything.

Last edited by:

afinlr: Mar 1, 2004, 5:28 AM
Quote Reply
Hi,

Thanks, that is indeed the correct fix for the first problem. What was the problem with the profile field that caused the other error?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Error messages In reply to
Hi Alex,

I'm still getting the second error occasionally - so I obviously haven't quite found the source of the problem yet. I'll turn debugging back on and see whether I can find any more info.

Laura.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Error messages In reply to
Just to confirm - I am still occassionally having a problem that some users don't get a validation code inserted into the database - so when they click on the link in the email it says 'invalid code'. I have no idea why this is happening for just a few users.