Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Gossamer Mail - Error when trying to add application - gmail

Quote Reply
Gossamer Mail - Error when trying to add application - gmail
HI everyone,

I'm getting the following error when trying to add gmail as an application to Community.

"Please configure Gossamer Mail before installing."

I've filled in the correct path to the admin directory of my install of gmail so i'm not sure quite what is going on.

Has anybody got any ideas? This has happened on the two installs of community / gmail that I have attempted on two separate servers so i'm a bit puzzled!

Cheers in advance,

Hannah
Quote Reply
Re: [hannahmackenzie] Gossamer Mail - Error when trying to add application - gmail In reply to
I have had the same problem.

This is with Community 0.9.2 and GMail 2.2.0 (both RC1 and final).

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Gossamer Mail - Error when trying to add application - gmail In reply to
Could this be due to the changed name /location of ConfigData.pm -->Data.pm in GMail2.2 .... I am not aware how community checks whether GMail is configured or not but surely it must be looking for the ConfigData.pm which now is in a different location with a Different name....

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [hannahmackenzie] Gossamer Mail - Error when trying to add application - gmail In reply to
I am having the same problem, did anyone end up finding a solution?

Was it in fact as anup123 suggested?
Quote Reply
OK, I think I fixed it. I found two problems:

• /path/to/private/community/lib/Community/Apps/Local/GMail.pm

• The import needs to call GMail->init($app->{app_location}) instead of GMail->import() for GMail 2.2.

• /path/to/private/community/lib/Community/Web/Admin.pm

• The path to the GMail config file is wrong here. It should be Config/Data.pm in GMail 2.2.

I've attached the fixed files and patches for CVS.

~Charlie
    Quote Reply
    Re: [Chaz] Gossamer Mail - Error when trying to add application - gmail In reply to
    Thanks Charlie,

Works like a charm Wink