Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Auth_Community?

Quote Reply
Auth_Community?
Where do I get this plug-in (Auth_Community)?

I went to the plug-in section and I see it but there is no link to click to download.
See = http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...inks-sql/plugins.htm
Quote Reply
Re: [milljea] Auth_Community? In reply to
It's in the Gossamer Community install file.

When you install Community go to the file in you cgi-bin and you'll find a folder named Plugins with relevant Auth_Community.tar file inside.

When I merged Community with LQSL I downloaded the file onto my PC then in the Plugin section of LQSL there is an option to browse for the file to install. Just point to wherever you saved it on your PC.

Once you've installed it you have to go into Community / Applications and Add Application and give it a name. This name will be the Keyword that LSQL asks for.
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] Auth_Community? In reply to
In Reply To:
It's in the Gossamer Community install file.

When you install Community go to the file in you cgi-bin and you'll find a folder named Plugins with relevant Auth_Community.tar file inside.

When I merged Community with LQSL I downloaded the file onto my PC then in the Plugin section of LQSL there is an option to browse for the file to install. Just point to wherever you saved it on your PC.

Once you've installed it you have to go into Community / Applications and Add Application and give it a name. This name will be the Keyword that LSQL asks for.

Thanks! I found it thanks to you.

However, how do I install it?

I tried to run it from the browser and get; Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /community/community/Plugins/Links/Install.pm on this server.

Then I try from with in GComm and get;

Unable to load plugin Auth_Community Reason: Install.pm does not compile
Quote Reply
>> Community <<

Firstly go to your Community Admin / Applications / Add Application.

Keyword: (this is to identify the database you're linking with so name it something like GLinks)
Application: Local/LinksSQL
Autocreate User: Yes or No (if you want users to automatically have access to the linked app)

Then click Add Application.

>> LinksSQL <<

Download the plugin from the Community / Private / Plugins directory to your PC.

Go to your LinksSQL Admin / Plugins / Plugin Download and the bottom option is Install from File. Use Browse to locate it on your PC (make sure it's the .tar file) and click Install.

You now get "About to install plugin: Auth_Community". Type in the path to your Gossamer Community private directory and the Keyword that you entered above and click Install.

------------------------------------------------

If you have a user database already in LinksSQL you can import them by going to Community / Applications, click on the application than you have just added and select Enable/Disable Users.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:

Is this the path to the admin directory or links SQL? I.e. - /cgi-bin/Glinks/admin

I put in the above but get.
    Application could not be found at that location.!

Last edited by:

milljea: Mar 8, 2006, 6:19 PM
Quote Reply
It's the full path to your LSQL admin.

eg. /home/yoursite.com/cgi-bin/linkssql/admin
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
It's the full path to your LSQL admin.

eg. /home/yoursite.com/cgi-bin/linkssql/admin

Thanks