Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Anyone seen this bug before?

Quote Reply
Anyone seen this bug before?
Hi,

Ok, I very rarely post questions here - but I'm doing my head in with this one!

So, the "lost password" feature in GComm. The page comes up, and then you enter the email address. The press send, and you get this near the top of the page (the rest of the page is loaded);

Quote:
Software error:

Global symbol "$USER" requires explicit package name at (eval 79) line 2, <FILE> line 37.
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at (eval 79) line 3, <FILE> line 37.

After tons and tons of debugging, it seems to be coming from the email part of the code. Specifically in /lib/Web/User.pm, we have:

Code:
$email->load($template);
_add_template_vars($vars);

_add_template_vars() seems to be the point it gives the error (the code runs 2 times - but the first time it gives the above error)

Has anyone ever seen this before? We are using multiple template set - and it works fine in 1 template set, but not the other. The template exists, and if I check the value of:

Code:
my $body = GT::Template->parse("string", $vars, { string => $email->body, compress => 0 });

..then it shows what I would expect (minus the headers) ... but then fails when trying to send it (as the contents of the mail headers don't seem to exist)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!