Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Error When Changing Password

Quote Reply
Error When Changing Password
I've just installed Fileman and after a couple of problems with directory locations (sorted out by browsing the forums!) I've got it working.

Only trouble is I can't change the password using the Fileman interface. When I try to I get the following error :

Can not open ConfigData.pm file, reason: No such file or directory

I know there is a ConfigData.pm as I've seen it. There seems to be a password in it but it looks like it's encrypted.

Any ideas how I can get round this bug?

Thanks,

spike...

Quote Reply
Re: [the.spike] Error When Changing Password In reply to
Having the same problem. Did you ever get it resolved?
Quote Reply
Re: [rdub] Error When Changing Password In reply to
Nope.. just had to live with it.. Never got anything back from this forum at all..

I think if I get desperate enough I'll just reinstall it..

Shame the support for this sucks, being that its such a useful tool..

spike...
Quote Reply
    I had some problems with this as well when I first installed it. In my case it started working after I changed the permissions (chmod) for the ConfigData.pm file to 0666. I have the file in the cgi-bin/fileman/private/ folder. I placed the files in a folder called fileman just to keep them in one spot, rather than scattered in my cgi-bin folder. The script is working just fine with one small hiccup, it won't change the templates, at least I can't see the change using Mozilla Firefox version 1.02.

Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Re: [fbonani] Error When Changing Password In reply to
I keep all the files within the same sub directory and don't have any other problems.

I've tried your suggestion of the permissions on the file (and I've also worked up the tree to the / directory) but that doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Thanks for the suggestion though...

spike...
Quote Reply
Sorry sbout the later reply!

This is a bug which will be fixed in the next version. For now, you can change the code at line #1237 in Commands.pm like:

my $fn = "$self->{cfg}->{priv_path}/ConfigData.pm";

It should get rid of the problem.

TheStone.

B.

Last edited by:

TheStone: Apr 6, 2005, 1:19 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] Error When Changing Password In reply to
Thanks for this, albeit a few weeks late..

One more thing though? You neglected to say what file? I'm guessing commands.pm buried down in private/lib/GT/fileman?

Well I know it's that file as thats where I found a line similar to yours, made the change and it works..

Cheers.

spike...
Quote Reply
I made that referenced change and then changed the password in ConfigData.pm and then verified that the change was saved to my host. Then, I signed out of FileMan and tried to sign in again with the new password. It didn't work. After that, I used the old password and it worked. Is there somewhere else to change the password besides ConfigData.pm?
Quote Reply
Just to add a note to this thread (which has helped me more than once since it was posted)...

Change line 1241 in fileman/private/lib/GT/FileMan/Commands.pm to:

my $fn = "$self->{cfg}->{priv_path}/ConfigData.pm";

In lieu of this fix, you should be able to edit ConfigData.pm manually with an encrypted password. This encrypted password generator worked fine for me.