Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

url: 500 can't connect to ... weird

Quote Reply
url: 500 can't connect to ... weird
Hi,

My links database was up and running and then all of a sudden without my interaction the add.pl script produces an error on the add succes page:

URL: http://www.artmania.net - 500 Can't connect to www.artmania.net:80 (Bad protocol 'tcp')

How is that possible ? The modify.pl is still working correct.

greetz
benne
Quote Reply
Re: [Benne] url: 500 can't connect to ... weird In reply to
I think it's a problem with my host, because all the scripts using the LWP modules (verify.pl also) stopped working too.

IO::Socket::INET: Bad protocol 'tcp'

... what now ... does anybody know a good (NT) host ?
Quote Reply
How about just asking your host to install/reinstall the appropriate modules Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Benne,

I just discovered a similar problem running a Perl CGI script which was started by a particular web server. The problem was that the SYSTEMROOT environment variable was not setup. On most NT systems, that should be C:\WINNT. I resolved the problem by putting this line at the beginning of my Perl script:

$ENV{"SYSTEMROOT"} = "C:\\WINNT";

I hope this works for you if you haven't already solved your problem.

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: [dfinnie] url: 500 can't connect to ... weird In reply to
Dave,

YOU ARE A LIFESAVER MAN!!!! Thank you very much... I wish they had documented this... I spent two days trying to figure out why the LWP GET was not working... and after I added the env variable SystemRoot, it starts working!!!. THANK YOU!

Jawad.

Last edited by:

jawad: Oct 1, 2003, 5:52 AM