Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

fatal error when someone tries to add resource

Quote Reply
fatal error when someone tries to add resource
Howdy...
I have Links 2 loaded on an NT server. Everything seems to work fine except for when someone tries to add a resource. When they click on submit an error page comes up that says:
fatal error: Can't locate FileHandle.pm in @INC at d:/"my ip address"/links/cgi-bin/admin/Mailer.pm line 23.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at d:/"my ip address"/links/cgi-bin/admin/Mailer.pm line 23.
I think it might be a mail setting problem, because I can't mail anyone either from the links admin page. When I try to email link owners, it wants to download the nph-email.cgi file.
Any help would be appreciated.

Allen
Quote Reply
Re: fatal error when someone tries to add resource In reply to
When accessing via Netscape I get a different error:
Error Message : error in get_defaults. unable to open id file: d:/"my ip address"/links/cgi-bin/admin/data/linksid.txt. Reason: Permission denied
Script Location : D:\209.35.64.107\links\cgi-bin\add.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00307

any help, again, would be appreciated
Quote Reply
OK... now that I closed IE and reopened the site ( I am not signed in as the admin now) the add resource page gives me the same error on IE as on Netscape.
Is this a permission problem on my server? If so, how do I go about making sure the folders have the correct permissions set? I am hosted on Interland.

muchas gracias,

Allen
Quote Reply
It is not the folder that needs to be changed in terms of permission.

Change the linksid.txt file to same permission that you have for the links.db file.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thanks Eliot for the reply...
Both files are in the same folder. Correct me if I am wrong, but don't the files in the same folder on NT inherit the same permissions? When I set permissions on the admin portion of my website (again, hosted by interland), you can only choose folders, not individual files.
When the site is pulled up in ws-ftp, both files have the same permissions.
I must be missing something, it is usually pretty simple once pointed out.

Thanks,
Allen
Quote Reply
Wrong.

You need to change permissions of files individually. Files do not "inherit" the permissions of the directory in NT.

Your hosting company has placed special restrictions on your account.

To be honest, I would recommend switching to a UNIX host.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------