Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

error messages -PLEASE HELP

Quote Reply
error messages -PLEASE HELP
I have an exponential error that duplicates itself depending on the number of records retrieved in the admin function. This occurs in every record retrieval. Here's an example of what I get:

Use of uninitialized value in string eq at c:/website/htdocs/sitename/htdocs/cgi-bin/links/admin/db_utils.pl line 303. Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) at c:/website/htdocs/sitename/htdocs/cgi-bin/links/admin/db_utils.pl line 328. Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) at c:/website/htdocs/sitename/htdocs/cgi-bin/links/admin/db_utils.pl line 328. Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) at c:/website/htdocs/sitename/htdocs/cgi-bin/links/admin/db_utils.pl line 328. Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) at c:/website/htdocs/sitename/htdocs/cgi-bin/links/admin/db_utils.pl line 328. Use of uninitialized value in hash element at c:/website/htdocs/sitename/htdocs/cgi-bin/links/admin/db_utils.pl line 185. Use of uninitialized value in hash element at c:/website/htdocs/sitename/htdocs/cgi-bin/links/admin/db_utils.pl line 185. Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) at c:/website/htdocs/sitename/htdocs/cgi-bin/links/admin/db_utils.pl line 189. Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) at c:/website/htdocs/sitename/htdocs/cgi-bin/links/admin/db_utils.pl line 321. Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) at c:/website/htdocs/sitename/htdocs/cgi-bin/links/admin/db_utils.pl line 328. Use of uninitialized value in concatenation

any help is sincerely appreciated.

thanks,
rob

Quote Reply
Re: error messages -PLEASE HELP In reply to
Have you hacked the sub build_html_record_form in the db_utils.pl file???

What version of Perl are you using?

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
 Perl 5.5 for windows nt. Thanks, Rob

Quote Reply
AND...I asked you two questions...one of which you only partially answered!

Perl 5.5??? what? Is is 5.0053? Is it 5.005???

And did you hack the script????

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
thanks for your quick responses. As you can tell, I'm a bit of a novice at this, and trying to do a little bit of legwork for the guy who installed Perl to his server.

The Perl installation file was named "5_6_0_620," so it appears to be a version of 5.6. I regret the confusion.

Could you also elaborate on how to "hack" the file? I don't think 'sub build_html_record_form' has been altered in any way.

Thanks,
Rob