Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

another question with NT installation....

Quote Reply
another question with NT installation....
i opened up every file and replaced all .cgi to .pl, and when i ran admin.pl i got the following error message:

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

syntax error at D:\Inetpub\gameroot\cgi-bin\links\admin\admin.pl line 22, near "eval "
syntax error at D:\Inetpub\gameroot\cgi-bin\links\admin\admin.pl line 31, near "}"
Execution of D:\Inetpub\gameroot\cgi-bin\links\admin\admin.pl aborted due to compilation errors.

what can i do to fix this, and make links2 work?
Quote Reply
Re: another question with NT installation.... In reply to
when i go to my admin.pl in a browser, it tries to download it. if i open it from location, it runs it in perl and spews out the following error:

String found where operator expected at links.cfg line 128, near "$build_detail_
url = ""
(Might be a runaway multi-line "" string starting on line 127)
(Missing semicolon on previous line?)
Bareword found where operator expected at links.cfg line 128, near "$build_detai
l_url = "http"
(Missing operator before http?)
Bareword found where operator expected at links.cfg line 128, near "//localhost"

(Missing operator before localhost?)
String found where operator expected at links.cfg line 166, near "if ($@) { die
""
(Might be a runaway multi-line "" string starting on line 128)
(Missing semicolon on previous line?)

Error including libraries: syntax error at links.cfg line 29, near "/inetpub/gam
eroot"

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

arghhh! im an idiot! somebody help me please!
Quote Reply
Can you put your links.cfg online as a text file and provide us the URL so we can take a look at it? Not much we can do without seeing the file that is causing the problem.
Quote Reply
never mind, i got it all fixed!
i reinstalled links and it worked great! i dont know what i did wrong the first time, but it is all fixed now