Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

admin.cgi problem - as always...

Quote Reply
admin.cgi problem - as always...
Hi there,

I uploaded Links to the webspace of my ISP, hopefully set everything correct. I read about 150 posts in here, but didn't find an answer to my problem (also there have been asked many similar question).
When I call http://www.kunst-und-kultur.com/public/links/cgi-bin/admin/admin.cgi my browser wants to download the file. If I choose open, it once opens the source of admin.cgi and once this error:

Error including libraries: Can't locate /public/links/cgi-bin/admin/db.pl at \\CLUFS01\WEBG\12724\public\links\cgi-bin\admin\admin.cgi line 28.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

Of course, this _is_ a Newbie question, but I did manage to run a counter on my website without problems, so I just don't have a clue what could be wrong.
I really hope someone could help me.
Thanks in advance.

Bye,
Reto

Quote Reply
Re: admin.cgi problem - as always... In reply to
As mentioned before...you need to use the PHYSICAL ABSOLUTE path where your links.cfg file is located in the following line of code:

Code:

require "links.cfg";

in the admin.cgi file.

It should look like the following:

Code:

require "C:/CLUFS01/WEBG/12724/public/links/cgi-bin/admin/links.cfg";

And then in the links.cfg file, set the following variable:

$db_script_path

to the following:

Code:

$db_script_path = "C:/CLUFS01/WEBG/12724/public/links/cgi-bin/admin";

Change C for the drive in the above codes to whatever drive your files are located.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Hi Eliot,

Thank you for answering so quickly. I already thought that the full path could be a solution. Unfortunately the people from my ISP were not able to tell me what the full path on their server is. And I know that it might be more complicated, because my webspace is on two servers (like mirrored). Could that have an effect on the setup?
Of course I will contact my ISP on monday and try to get the full path. I really hope this will bring me any further...

Nice Weekend,
Reto

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Could that have an effect on the setup?
Most likely...and if your ISP is unwilling to give you information about where your data is stored...I would look for another hosting company ASAP.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Hi Eliot,
I called my ISP and gave them the link to this thread, guess they were rather impressed. They set up everything correctly (in fact it was a server problem). The Script is now running. Think I will change the Forum now... ;)

Thanks,
Reto

Quote Reply
Good...glad you got it running.

Regards,

Eliot Lee