Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Will it really run on WinNT w/ Perl5?

Quote Reply
Will it really run on WinNT w/ Perl5?
This is my first post, so be nice. I am not experienced with CGI/Perl. Links 2 and these support forums are great. However, is it really possible for it to "run out of the box on NT" like the GT website says?

I've done searches and have poured over the posts for days regarding the unicode character property definition related to not building the What's New, Cool, Ratings pages. The more I read, the more confused and overwhelming it is becoming. I wasn't able to find a sure-fire solution to this from the posts, just guesses. Since I am not a programmer, I don't understand it well. I had the script installed. I am afraid that if I tinker with it by trying different things, it will only make things worse and create more problems than the one I have. All the rest of the program seems to be working ok for now.

So, has anyone found the simplest for-sure solution to solving this problem on WinNT only? (not Unix) (And don't say "Solution:Don't host on Windows", that comment has already been taken!)Wink

I host with a company and don't have access to the server or know much about this stuff. I appreciate your help and p a t i e n c e. I know its easy to get annoyed when you find it easy and others (like me) don't.

My error:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error Message : fatal error: Can't find unicode character property definition via main->a or a.pl at unicode/Is/a.pl line 0

Script Location : d:\html\users\mydomainname\html\cgi-bin\links\admin\nph-build.cgi
Perl Version : 5.006001

Form Variables
-------------------------------------------
auto : 1
staggered : 1
step : 4

Environment Variables
-------------------------------------------
ALLUSERSPROFILE : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
COMMONPROGRAMFILES : C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME : WEE51
COMSPEC : C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe
MXBIN : C:\Formida\Fire3\mx\i386\win32\bin
MXHOME : C:\Formida\Fire3
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS: 2
OS2LIBPATH : C:\WINNT\system32\os2\dll;
PATH : D:\Perl\bin\;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Symantec\pcAnywhere\
PATHEXT : .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.VBS
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE: x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL : 6
PROCESSOR_REVISION : 0806
PROGRAMFILES : C:\Program Files
QUERY_STRING : staggered=1&step=4&auto=1
REQUEST_METHOD : GET
SYSTEMDRIVE : C:
SYSTEMROOT : C:\WINNT
TEMP : C:\WINNT\TEMP
TMP : C:\WINNT\TEMP
USERPROFILE : C:\Documents and Settings\Default User
WINDIR : C:\WINNT

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Run Search on this topic >

Last edited by:

lostdesert: Aug 9, 2003, 3:25 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [lostdesert] Will it really run on WinNT w/ Perl5? In reply to
Yes it works. I just installed in 10 minutes back.
>> Nakul Goyal (SEO, Link Building Expert)
Web Site Promotion
Tips 'n' Tricks
SEO News

Quote Reply
Re: [nakulgoyal] Will it really run on WinNT w/ Perl5? In reply to
We can help in installation on NT for free. It is easy to install
Megrisoft
Web Hosting Company
India Software Company
SEO Company