Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Verifying links error

Quote Reply
Verifying links error
Hi,

I have just installed Links 2 and it seems pretty good, but I am having a major problem with it.

When I select either of the options for verifying links, I get the following error message:

Error Loading System Libraries. Reason: Can't locate links.cfg in @INC (@INC contains: c:/Perl/lib c:/Perl/site/lib .) at e:\domains\secret-fish.org.uk\user\htdocs\cgi-bin\admin\nph-verify.cgi line 34.

I am using a win2000 server and I am totally confused. of course, it is not much help without being able to see what links people want adding to the script :0(

Thanks in advance,

Joe

I know things should work, but...
Quote Reply
Re: Verifying links error In reply to
Use the absolute path to links.cfg in nph-verify.cgi...

Thomas
http://www.japanreference.com
Quote Reply
Thank you, that seems to have got rif of the error message, but now I get this message:

Error Message : error in verify_links. unable to open db file: ./data/links.db. Reason: No such file or directory

Do I need to create an access file with the correct fields?

Joe

I know things should work, but...
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Do I need to create an access file with the correct fields?
No...but you need to triple check your links.cfg to make sure that you have configured the PATH and URL variables correctly, because from the error message it doesn't look like you have...

Also, triple check permissions of your folders/files.

AS mentioned in this forum, the data folder must be set to the following (minimally):

Code:

Account Owner: Full Control
IWAM/MACHINENAME: Read, Write, Execute, Delete
IUSR/MACHINENAME: Read, Write, Execute, Delete
Everyone: Read, Write, Execute, Delete

Regards,

Eliot Lee