Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Verifying error!

Quote Reply
Verifying error!
Hi

I am in the process of setting up links and I have managed to get all of the modules to operate correctly other than the verify element. Everytime I run it I get the following error:-

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : error in verify_links. unable to open db file: ./data/links.db. Reason: No such file or directory
Script Location : e:\find-a-freebie\cgi-bin\links\admin\nph-verify.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00503

I have altered nph-verify.cgi and admin.cgi to reflect the full path of links.cfg (at least I believe I have!)and the data/links.db file definately does exist(as does the links.db.bkp).

I have also checked the path in links.cfg to the database script path which is in my admin directory and all appears (to me!) ok:-

$db_script_path = "e:/localhost/cgi-bin/links/admin";

Would this not cause other problems if this was incorrect?

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can progress from here? It really would be appreciated.

regards
Paul

Struggling! But getting there (I think?)
Quote Reply
Re: Verifying error! In reply to
Well I think I have found the problem as my verifying module now appears to be working perfectly (a very happy bunny!!!) I'll post the apparent solution as several individuals appear to have the same problem and it may help:-

In nph-verify.cgi immidiately below:-

sub verify_links {
# -----------------------------------------------------

CHANGE:-

$db_file_name = './data/links.db';

TO REFLECT THE FULL PATH OF THE FILE, i.e.(in my case):-

$db_file_name = 'e:/localhost/cgi-bin/links/admin/data/links.db';

It's worked for me and hopefully will do for some of you, it would appear that NT just simply requires Full Paths! By the way I would like to say a big thankyou to everyone who has helped me get this script up and running, especially the 'gurus' who give up their time and make the effort to help us 'newbies' out in this forum. Your responses have taught me an awful lot and I know that if it hadn't have been for your help I would not have this script running. It's an excellent scipt and it's been well worth the time and effort!

regards
Paul

Struggling! But getting there (I think?)