Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Running all *.CGI as *.PL

Quote Reply
Running all *.CGI as *.PL
Hello everyone...I'm installing Links 2.0 on a school server which is running on Win NT 4.0 with IIS.

It seems like the server will run *.PL scripts but will deny access to *.CGI scripts. Is there anyway to get Links 2.0 running by just changing all the *.CGI to *.PL.

If i can't do that, i'm assuming i can get this snafu fixed by fiddling around with the file associations--but exactly what should i tell the tech guy to do? (I don't have physical access to the machine, so i need to explain to the guy what exactly to do.) I'm not too experienced with NT servers, mainly Unix so I wouldn't be of much help in telling him where to change this stuff.

Thanks a million.
Quote Reply
Re: Running all *.CGI as *.PL In reply to
Hi,

Yep, that is exactly what you have to do...
what I did was loaded up all the cgi and pl pages and did a global search and replace... replacing all ".cgi" with ".pl" in the files and everything works great

There is another option, although I didn't find it worth the aggrivation... you can associate *.cgi with the perl interpreter for IIS... see the IIS documentation on this if you want, but like I said, it really wasnt worth the aggrivation

-Horus
Quote Reply
Re: Running all *.CGI as *.PL In reply to
Hi spacedogg,

I posted a reply to this question in the cgi/perl forum http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...um8/HTML/000209.html

Cheers

Broder