Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Serious problem! Urgent!!

Quote Reply
Serious problem! Urgent!!
In links.cfg I specified
$build_jump_url = $db_cgi_url . "/jump.pl"; # URL of jump script.

but the script creates de links as
http://www.mangaes.com/cgi-bin/jump.cgi?ID=82
Scripts with *.cgi don't work on the server, so the links turns to be useless!! I doublechecked links.cfg and everything else I could think of. Could someone help me please??
Quote Reply
Re: Serious problem! Urgent!! In reply to
At various places in the templates (if that's what your using) and quite possibly in the site_html.pl file there are references to jump.cgi that aren't controled by the settings in the links.cfg file. You'll have to manually change each to jump.pl. I've gotten the script to run successfully, however I can't get the validation checker to work at all for me. It just asks if I want to open the nph-verify.pl with wordpad and if I click yes, netscape (and explorer) just stop at 106 bytes and that's it. If anyone out there has gotten the verify script to work with WinNT, please let me know! Smile I love the script, but I'm wary of making a large database without being able to validate the links.

LoveAngel
Quote Reply
I checked out site_html.pl and everything is correct here. The bizarrest thing is that in the "Random link" link, the script puts correctly "jump.pl" but in the links it insists to put "jump.cgi"
I don't know where's the problem or what else I could try...
Quote Reply
Found it! The error was in the link.html temmplate. Pardon me for the trouble!