Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Please help with admin.cgi - I'm lost.

Quote Reply
Please help with admin.cgi - I'm lost.
I am trying to install links 1.1 on an NT server to try it before I upgrade to 2.0. I'm hosted by Interland.

I've set up all my paths and variables but when I try to add a link or category from the index.html file a new window opens but nothing happens. The server looks as if its trying to run the script but it just keeps on working and nothing happens. I've double checked all my paths but I can't figure anything out. I've set up some scripts before but I'm no expert so I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. By the way, I am using the links patch script for NT and IIS. Any clues as to what's going on?

Any help would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Please help with admin.cgi - I'm lost. In reply to
Make sure that you have the correct ABSOLUTE path, including the drive letter, for the required line for the links.cfg file in your admin.cgi file.

Then in your links.cfg, make sure that you have the correct ABSOLUTE PATH, including the drive letter, for your $db_script_path variable.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
I checked it out and everything looked good. The two paths are consistent and accurate. I have another script working on my server that uses the absolute path and they are consistent. Permissions are fine since I copied a simple perl script into the same directory and it works.

Could there be a problem with the directories I'm using? I have the admin files in D:/..../cgi-bin/links/admin. Maybe I need to alter something else? I have no idea, at this point I'm just making wild guesses.
Quote Reply
The directory permissions for the admin.cgi is not the problem since you stated that you executed a perl script in that directory.

The only other problem I see is that may be you have not configured your server to execute .cgi files. Try changing the admin.cgi to admin.pl and see if that works.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center