Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

*.cgi scripts can't find links.cfg

Quote Reply
*.cgi scripts can't find links.cfg
i am having the following error message when i try to use the *.cgi (not including admin.cgi) files:

Error including libraries: Can't locate D:/www.3cargarage.com/html/yeah/cgi-bin/admin/links.cfg at D:\www.3cargarage.com\html\yeah\cgi-bin\search.cgi line 36.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

and ...

Error including libraries: Can't locate admin/links.cfg in @INC (@INC contains: D:/www.3cargarage.com/html/yeah/cgi-bin D:/Perl/lib D:/Perl/site/lib .) at D:\www.3cargarage.com\html\yeah\cgi-bin\jump.cgi line 34.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

etc.

i have uploaded those files all in ASCII mode, CHMODed them correctly, and i still get the same error.

i've also gone into the cgi script and made sure the 'require' path to links.cfg was full. the paths are all correct, along with the permissions and uploading, but i still don't have a clue as to what is going on.

help? Unsure
Quote Reply
Re: [kelsiegh] *.cgi scripts can't find links.cfg In reply to
Thats cos your paths are wrong Wink

You need to use \'s, for example;

D:\\www.3cargarage.com\\html\\yeah\\cgi-bin\\admin\\

Hope that helps...

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] *.cgi scripts can't find links.cfg In reply to
No you don't... I have this in my links.cfg...
Code:
$db_script_path = "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/cgi-bin/admin";

The error:
Code:
Error including libraries: Can't locate admin/links.cfg in @INC
indicates that you need to set the paths to be absolute full paths. There's a note in every .cgi file about this, btw.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [King Junko II] *.cgi scripts can't find links.cfg In reply to
Code:
$db_script_path = "D:/www.3cargarage.com/html/yeah/cgi-bin/admin";

i've had that set in the links.cfg script, as you've mentioned. full path to.

and the double-slash idea didn't work, either. i might just wipe the whole thing and start over again. this hadn't happened before. hrm.
Quote Reply
Sorry I was a little unclear there... You need to edit the require lines in all the .cgi scripts.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
in all cgi scripts, the require lines have been changed, but i'm still getting the same error.

Code:
Error including libraries: Can't locate D:/www.3cargarage.com/html/yeah/cgi-bin/admin/links.cfg at D:\www.3cargarage.com\html\yeah\cgi-bin\search.cgi line 36.

i've even done the whole thing over again, but i'm still getting the same error. this is incredibly frustrating seeing as how this script was working perfectly for me a few weeks ago. now i have no idea why it's no longer working.

does it have anything to do with the / and \ slashes? (can't find D:/ at D:\ ...?) i've tried it both ways, but my server admin says that i must have forward slashes in order for it to work with Perl. then i get this error message with the location of the .cgi scripts using backslashes.
Quote Reply
well damn.. that's funky. go ahead and try the double forward slash like Andy suggested if you haven't already. Also try single quoting the path. I've never had this problem so I'm really at a loss as to what the deal is.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Quote:
double forward slash

Double backslash Wink Aparantly the reason behind it being \\ is cos it needs to escape the first \. God knows why..but it worked fine for me Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
i've tried it both ways. the double forward slash doesn't work - and neither does the double back slash. i'm still getting the same error.

i'm not sure exactly what you mean by "single quoting", philip. any other suggestions? i've already reinstalled the script, checked my cgi settings, permissions, paths etc.

hrm. maybe i should contact my hosting administrator and ask what might be going on, and maybe for some hands-on help.

thanks for your help in any case, guys. i really appreciate the support.

Last edited by:

kelsiegh: Jan 26, 2002, 7:32 AM
Quote Reply
Don't suppose the drive letter is case sensative? Just a wild stab in the dark, but its worth a look Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
no, sorry, andy... tried it with a lowercase drive letter, and it's still the same.
Quote Reply
You wanna email me your FTP info (or PM it) and I will have a look for you? Hopefully it is just something simple we are missing Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
mail sent. Blush
Quote Reply
Very odd. Your files appear to have CHMOD settings! Most of the files are set to 666, whilst some are set to 755. I didn't think CHMOD's were possible on NT/2k?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
well, it works on my server. Wink just like you had mentioned in another post: my server maps the correct path to perl over the default path. *shrug* weird, indeed.

but, as directed in the ReadMe instructions, i CHMODed the files with no problems. as i've mentioned before, Links 2.0 ran beautifully for me not 2 weeks ago... and then my administrator went into my codes to correct a minor problem. hrm. Mad

in any case, i've tried installing a separate script (FormMail) onto my server, and there's no luck there, either. i'm beginning to think this all might lie with my server. if it is, i am far from impressed. in any case, i've written an email.

Last edited by:

kelsiegh: Jan 26, 2002, 9:31 AM
Quote Reply
Get a UNIX host next time Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
i take it you're at your wit's end? Wink

and don't tell me that. *mumbles* i just moved from a UNIX server.
Quote Reply
Yeah. I can't see any reason why you should be able to CHMOD on M$ servers...or why the script won't work! I got my script to work fine on it....just doesn't seem to like paths Frown

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
ahh, well. it worked before. Mad

anyway, thank you for your help, andy. much appreciated. i'm gonna see what the server support guys say. Unimpressed
Quote Reply
of course, andy, you and i had it all right... it was the server's problem. Mad tech fixed it, and it all runs smoothly. what a pain.

anyway, i thank you for your help with all this. it's good to know that there are some people out there ready to give a hand. Wink you have my recommendation, mate.
Quote Reply
Glad to hear it Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
My question is what the heck did they do? and those file permissions are quite odd... Windows only supports global rwx or global rx.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator

Last edited by:

King Junko II: Jan 27, 2002, 3:37 AM
Quote Reply
i don't know, philip. all i can say is that there is now a new .cgi file residing in the /admin folder called acevars.cgi ... it has environmental variables in it. strange.

and yeah, i thought windows couldn't support permissions like that, but apparently my server does. strange.