E-mail not working

Quote Reply
E-mail not working
I cannot get Links to to send e-mails on IIS4. I get the following error:

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : Unable to send rejection message. Reason:

As you can see, no reason is given.

I have checked the links.cfg many times and the mailhost is set up with a valid SMTP server. I have sent mail through the SMTP server using other apps so I know this is working. I have also made sure that the sendmail path is not set up.

Any Ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: [activegamer] E-mail not working In reply to
Could possibly be a problem with the recipient's email address? I'd check that.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
I had problems with sending mail at first. I contacted my host and they recommended that I use the complete path to the sendmail.exe file - this fixed my sendmail problem.

The path they emailed me was: c:\Perl\bin\sendmail.exe. You'll want to contact your host for the correct path for their servers.
Quote Reply
Re: [webrat] E-mail not working In reply to
This is a windows installation, using SMTP, not sendmail.
Quote Reply
Yes I know this is the Windows fourm...

I am hosted on Win2k Servers. However, I could NOT get SMTP to work. I contacted my host and they recommended I use Perl5's sendmail feature - It worked first time. Wink
Quote Reply
My installation of Perl5 did not include sendmail.exe. I have a sendmail.pm and a sendmail.dll, but no .exe
Quote Reply
Try this... SendMail.org
Quote Reply
That looks like just the thing I need but unfortunately its for Linux/unix servers only. The only other sendmail emulators I have found for Windows are shareware.

Thanks for your help but I think I need to try and get SMTP working, cant think why there should be a problem. I cant even get it working when running SMTP on the actual hosting server.