Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Treat me gently please!

Quote Reply
Treat me gently please!
Hi, as a relative newbie to scripts (this is my third) I am having a slight problem with installing Links 2.0. I have uploaded all the files to my cgi-bin and to the css and background image to a test directory on my website of my website (site already live so will amend later when I know I can install).

I have then altered the paths and URLs (I thought correctly Crazy) and tried accessing admin.cgi through my browser at this point I get a download with the following error message:

Error including libraries: Can't locate /cgi-bin/links/cgi-bin/admin/db.pl at
d:\inetpub\elyc.org.uk\cgi-bin\links\admin\admin.cgi line 28.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

I have enclosed an extract of my links.cfg to see if any of you big hearted people could put me out of misery!

Code:
# PATH and URL of Admin CGI directory. No Trailing Slash.
$db_script_path = "d:/inetpub/elyc.org.uk/cgi-bin/links/cgi-bin/admin";
$db_dir_url = "http://www.elyc.org.uk/.../links/cgi-bin/admin";

# URL of User CGI directory. No Trailing Slash.
$db_cgi_url = "http://www.elyc.org.uk/cgi-bin/links/cgi-bin";

# PATH and URL of Pages to be built. No Trailing Slash.
$build_root_path = "d:/inetpub/elyc.org.uk/webroot/test/pages";
$build_root_url = "http://www.elyc.org.uk/test/links/pages";

I am sure this is really basic - for which I am sorry, and I know you get many requests for help with paths which I have looked at!! But I am obviously less than a mere mortal! Blush

Thanks for your help
Mike
Quote Reply
Re: [mpbw] Treat me gently please! In reply to
look for some lines at the top of every script that begin with "require". change these so the parth is absolute, rather than relative.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [King Junko II] Treat me gently please! In reply to
Wow, thanks for such a quick response!!

Unsure Been through all cgi-scripts and ammended to d:\inetpub\elyc.org.uk\cgi-bin\links\admin\admin.cgi (also tried with d:/inetpub/elyc.org.uk/cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgi) but got error message that it did not exist!)

When I run it know I get the following error?

Code:

Error including libraries: Can't locate d:inetpublyc.org.uki-bininksdmindmin.cgi
at d:\inetpub\elyc.org.uk\cgi-bin\links\admin\admin.cgi line 27.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.
Mike
Quote Reply
You need to turn your \'s into /'s because \'s mean to escape the next character... either that or single quote the the require lines or even doing \\ should work as well.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
It should be pointing to links.cfg not admin.cgi
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Treat me gently please! In reply to
Thanks everyone for their great help and advice ... I must remember not to try and set up scripts late at night as I was making too many mistakes!!Tongue

Worked through the problems this morning and have now got to the admin screen so hopefully all will go well from here! LOL Anyway thanks again for all the help.

Mike
Mike