Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

"New" "Cool" and "Ratings" Do not work !!

Quote Reply
"New" "Cool" and "Ratings" Do not work !!
Every time i press "Staggered (Auto)" in my Admin panel and the system is going to Step 4 i get this Error:

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : fatal error: Can't find unicode character property definition via main->a or a.pl at unicode/Is/a.pl line 0

Script Location : e:\webs\netstuff.dk\wwwroot\cgi-bin\links\admin\nph-build.cgi
Perl Version : 5.006

I dont know why i get this error but i dont understand it because there is no file on my server there is called "a.pl or "a"
I have added categories and links and everybody is very finde but "New" "Cool" and "Ratings" dosent work because that error is happening then the computer is going to build these pages.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: "New" "Cool" and "Ratings" Do not work !! In reply to
The problem is probably related to one of the following:

1) Your server is not configured to execute non parsed header files (nph) files. Either take out the nph- and rename the file to build.cgi or follow the instructions in the FAQ about NPH files.

2) You may not have the correct Perl Path in the nph-build.cgi file. Check it to make sure you have the correct path.

BTW: Please do not submit duplicate Topics in the Forums. If someone does not answer you within a 24 hour period, then add a Reply to bring the Topic back to the top of the Forum Home Page. Adding duplicate topics will only annoy other LINKS users, like myself.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.
Quote Reply
Hi..

I need to install links 2.o on windows 2000, and appears the error:
Error Message : fatal error: Can't find unicode character property definition via main->a or a.pl at unicode/Is/a.pl line 0

I´m read the answer:
Your server is not configured to execute non parsed header files (nph) files. Either take out the nph- and rename the file to build.cgi or follow the instructions in the FAQ about NPH files.
I just rename the file to build.pl and still appears the problem.
I´m asj to my server adminsitrator and they don´t know ho setup the server to execute non parsed header files (nph) files.

Somebody knows?

many thanks
regards
Fabian

Quote Reply
Still - New, Cool and Ratings Do not work :( In reply to
Thanks to all that have come before with this problem. I have been trying to implement your suggestions, but nothing seems to work.

Right now, the only pages that will not work are What's Cool and What's New. I have been able to get all of the other pages to build.

At the suggestion of AnthroRules, I renamed all of my nph- files and tried to "build all". Unfortunately, I received the same message.

I have tried a suggestion that I found regarding a Linux installation problem, and commented out all of the $nph++ lines in a couple of sub routines.

Nothing seems to fix this build problem.

The Error:
CGI ERROR
Error Message : fatal error: Can't find unicode character property definition via main->u or u.pl at unicode/Is/u.pl line 0

Script Location : D:\Public\WWWRoot\thegamersguide.com\cgi-bin\links\admin\nph-build.cgi
Perl Version : 5.006

Any, and all help will be greatly appreciated.

--Steve

Quote Reply
Re: Still - New, Cool and Ratings Do not work :( In reply to
In Reply To:
I have tried a suggestion that I found regarding a Linux installation problem, and commented out all of the $nph++ lines in a couple of sub routines.
That fix is for RAQ's - not Linux in general.

Paul Wilson.
Installations:
http://www.wiredon.net/gt/
Quote Reply
Hi

i have the same problem. I get the following error:

CGI ERROR

I have read all threads in this board and try any suggestion. I have renamed the nph-files, i have set the right path to perl, i have made the mods to comment out the nph-lines.

I cannot found any other suggestion here. Is there somebody who has bring this script up on NT?

Thanxs

Sam