Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

help with running admin.cgi

Quote Reply
help with running admin.cgi
i am currently hosted with hypermart but i dont know if i should be posting this message on unix instalation or windows so if you know what hypermart is than just tell me. well my problem is that i setup everything corectly incuding all the varialbes in the cfg file, and i set all permissions to 777, but when i run admincgi i get an error message saying...
"Error including libraries: (Maybe you didn't strip carriage returns after a network transfer?) Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly."
please help me out!!
thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: help with running admin.cgi In reply to
sandeep,
Hypermart uses UNIX. It sounds like you saved the file in ether using MacOS or DOS line breaks. You have to save it with UNIX line breaks. If you are using a mac, there is a program BBedit by Bare Bones Software, that will allow you in the Save As Dilog,to specify what type of file you want this saved as. Use these setting:

File Creator: (genric text file)
Save State: none
Line Breaks: UNIX

That should do. BBEdit has a freeware verson 4.6, and a commerical verson 5.1.

------------------
Happy Trails!

Jimz
Netoo! Web Devlopment Dept.
Netoo! Internet Services Of America.
Quote Reply
thankyou for letting me know hypermart is unix but the problem is that i dont use mac!! i have windows so i dont think that what you are thinking is the problem,
if you know what it could be please reply!!
thanks
Quote Reply
1. Try to upload in Ascii-Mode.
2. Your path arenīt ok.
3. Call my mom :-)

Quote Reply
Woops, Its just that I get the message allot too. When i dont save it as UNIX file.