Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Won't work on my domain

Quote Reply
Won't work on my domain
hello everyone. i have previously installed LINKS on HYPERMART, and it is working perfectly FINE! but now, i want to move my LINKS to my own domain. http://www.n64codemaster.com

when i do all the configuring, and when i try to run admin.cgi it gives me the following error:
Error including libraries: Can't locate /custs/home/n/nsf19807/cgi-bin/admin/db.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/sun4-solaris/5.00404 /usr/local/lib/perl5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/sun4-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at admin.cgi line 28.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

AND ONE MORE THING, I GOT MY DOMAIN FROM ICOM, if that helps. oh, i forgot to say, it is VERSION 2.0

thank you.

bye.

[This message has been edited by n64codemaster (edited April 11, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Won't work on my domain In reply to
Your $db_script_path is set wrong. You have it as '/custs/home/n/nsf19807/cgi-bin/admin'. Post the full error messages and we can usually dig it out of there.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
hey, ALEX, thanx for replying. well, the message that i posted there, that is the whole thing that it gives me, and i'm pretty sure that the path is right, because i contacted ICOM, and here is the e-mail that they sent back to me:

Here is a listing of the paths on your server:
/bin/perl
/bin/date
/usr/lib/sendmail
/custs/home/L/LOGIN/cgi-bin

so, if my domain is pierce1.net, and my login is pie751, the above path
would
look like..

/custs/home/p/pie751/cgi-bin/
or to access a html doc,
/custs/home/p/pie751/public_html/blah.htm

hope that helps.

bye.
Quote Reply
Does ANYONE know how i can get it to work? PLEASE ANSWER. Thanx
Quote Reply
When Alex asked for the whole error message, he meant all the environment data that displays with what you posted because that info contains needed path information. It is hard to decipher what is wrong without some information to go on. It might also be helpful if you can post the first 5 path/url lines from links.cfg.
Quote Reply
hey, thanx for replying, but i managed to find out how to correct it. It was the path to the ADMIN directory that was wrong. Thanx for answering.

bye.