Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Category display on home page

Quote Reply
Category display on home page
On my homepage (index.html), in the root and all other files in /html, I am not displaying the category list. In fact none of my perl is working. What do i need to do for this to display my categories? (I do have a test category and test url under that category).
Mark
Quote Reply
Re: [farkle] Category display on home page In reply to
have you made any changes to the scripts or templates? If so, what?

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFreak] Category display on home page In reply to
I have made changes but only referring to relative/logical paths and urls, nothing else because i don't do perl. Got most of it working but what does not work in the index.html in the root. does not seem to be any script there except references to subs or functions I think. i thought there should be a stream of script calling into view all categories in my db. hmmm. perl itself is working and the add and modify and search are working thanks
mark
Quote Reply
Well, if you have hacked the category.html and/or home.html
template files, then you probably inadvertantly screwed up the <%category%>
tag codes.

Make sure that you have the following in those files:

Code:

<%if category%>
<%category%>
<%endif%>

(all on separate lines)

OR install the Ehhanced Template parser Mod, which is linked in the
Resource section of the GT web site.

Support => Resources => Links 2.0 => Modifications
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [AnthroRules] Category display on home page In reply to
Hmmm, no i have not touched the category.html, but what i am after is 'what starts the whole ball rolling?' When i create an href to my web links (links2) what am i firing up? <a href="something.cgi or something.html?">Links</a>

Thanks

Mark
Quote Reply
OK, OK, OK, found my answer. By using the administration screen and rebuilding things it looked in my database and built the homepage. Aha, I was looking at the egg and wondering where the chicken was.