Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Mabe the Solution for WIN2K,IIS,Perl

Quote Reply
Mabe the Solution for WIN2K,IIS,Perl

WARNING!! Reading that takes time but maybe it solve Your Problems with LINKS 2.0 on WINDOWS 2000, IIS 5 and (ACTIVE)PERL!!
I tried to put the messages and hints together which may solve the main Problems, so please be patient!

Hello,
I had the same problems as many of you out there, running LINKS 2.0 under Win2K,IIS,Perl:
- wrong cgi-mapping, mime problem ( tried to rename .cgi's to .pl)

- got unicode error
CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : fatal error: Can't find unicode character property definition via main->a or a.pl at unicode/Is/a.pl line 0

Script Location : d:\websites\adn-netcomar\cgi-bin\links\admin\nph-build.pl
Perl Version : 5.006

- no rated , top or detailed pages were created.

I solved the problems by doing the following: (First I've to say that I'm an german government employee, so that it is possible, that there are some descriptions in "baffling english" - not in cause of the fact that I'm an government employee but in fact of that I'm an german ;-)) )
So I try to get all the hints together which are necessary to make LINKS 2.0 run under Windows2000 with (Active)Perl and IIS 5. Note to download the newest Perldistribution from Active state because older versions had problems with Windows 2000 and IIS5 (long long ago - it seems to be solved since version ActivePerl 5.6.1 build 619 or so - actually version is ActivePerl 5.6.1 build 628 )

FIRST (not necessary but helpful for additional ideas)
Try to take an overlook in the Support Forum by Searching with the words "Can't find unicode character property definition via main" or " unable to create top, cool, rated pages" you'll be astonished how many people have the same problem!

SECOND
For Problems run CGI's on Windows ( change MIME) look at
http://aspn.activestate.com//ASPN/Perl/Products/ActivePerl-5.6/faq/Windows/ActivePerl-Winfaq6.html#How_do_I_configure_Microsoft_IIS
or RTFM (Read This Fucking Manual) further ;-)...

THIRD
Check your Windows-System Directory and File Permission (after installation of LINKS 2) an edit them.
I've set (because I'm in an Intranet only) "very open" rights (switch everything ON on top links-directoy - very dangerous for the Internet!!). For exact Permissions see the Readme.txt of LINKS-Installation-Zip:
3. Set permissions:
chmod 755 (-rwxr-xr-x) on all .cgi files.
chmod 666 (-rw-rw-rw-) on all files in the data directory.
chmod 666 (-rw-rw-rw-) on all your template files (if using the online editor).
chmod 777 (drwxrwxrwx) on the hits directory
chmod 777 (drwxrwxrwx) on the ratings directory
chmod 777 (drwxrwxrwx) on the directory where Links pages will be created.

Oh- You know only the the windows perimissions? Well - that was my problem as well! I searched the web and found the following, which helped me:
(read http://www.tu-bs.de/rz/doku/unix-pages/anglo5-unix.html)
which tells (part 5.2):
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
5.2 file permissions
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The UNIX file-system can prevent unauthorised users from reading or altering files ore directories. Every file or directory has specific permissions associated with >>it, giving different categories of user certain permissions to look at or change a file and to run executable files. Files and directories may have permissions/rights of access for:
- just the owner "login User"
- a group of userids "Group"
(except user)
- all the other users "Others"
(except user and group)

The following permissions/rights of access are available:

- read 4 "(r)ead"
- write 2 "(w)rite"
- execute (to enter/search in a directory) 1 "e(x)ecute"
- nothing 0

display of file/directory permissions:
-rwx--x--- (various perm. ) drwxr-x---
-rw-r--r-- drwxr-xr-x
-rwxrwxrwx (very dangerous) drwxrwxrwx

The first character specifies the file type. This is normally one of the following:
- indicates a file
d indicates a directory

The following nine characters represent permissions for different classes of user. Users on a UNIX system are assigned to a group or groups (see above), which might correspond to a particular departement, or research group in the real world. Members of particular group can be allowed access to files belonging to other members of the group.

r to read a file (i.e. to open and view the contents)
w to write to a file (i.e. to delete/append/insert/change text in a file)
x to execute or run a file (e.g. a UNIX script, loadmodul)
- not any permission

r to read a directory (i.e. to view all subdirectory- and file-names)

w to write and make changes to a directory (i.e. to delete or add files to a directory)
remark: owner of a file is the user (userid), who created the file

x to execute a directory (i.e. to enter the directory, make it his current directory or search in a directory)

- not any permission
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>

So if I understood it right you have permissions for an USER for an GROUP and the REST of the World wich is displayed for a File or directory like that:
-rwxrwxrwx which means:
-rwx the assigned USER can Read Write and eXecute
rwx the assigned GROUP can Read Write and eXecute
rwx the REST of the World can Read Write and eXecute
- that file or
d that directory
so with that the transformation of the permission table in LINKS Readme.txt to Windows permission should be possible.... Be sure to set the execute permission for the directory of LINKS in the Internet Service Manager and the file system rights for the IUSER_MachineName in Explorer.

FOURTH
Read read "dwenaus" explantations in
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/forum/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=L2Win&Number=108996&page=&view=&sb=&vc=1#Post108996

which describes 80% of the things you'll have to do ( I commented dwenaus steps and mark my comments with ">>"):

dwenaus wrote:
Hi,

I managed to install links 2.0 on a windows 2000 server running IIS 5.0 and ActivePerl. What a huge head ache it was.
>>add by JoKoHo
>>
JO! THATS RIGHT
>>add by JoKoHo

Before I begin I should say, if you have the option to intall on a UNIX machine you will save yourself hours.
Here is what I did to make it work, (I hope I don't leave anything out) I used a search and replace program to do all the changes below, otherwise it would be impossible. I used BBedit on the mac.

- I found another program that was running perl on the server and simply copied that path to perl and added it in all the files. I used "#!c:\program files\perl\bin\perl.exe"

>> I simply installed ActiveStates Perl distribution with coustom options and full IIS support, path extension and IISAPI support . It will then handle that "problem" from itself. Just left "#!/usr/bin/perl" and "#!/usr/local/bin/perl" in the scripts. Thanks to ActiveState doing that by extending the PATH-Variable with "C:\Perl\bin\" ;-).
See http://aspn.activestate.com//ASPN/Reference/Products/ActivePerl/faq/Windows/ActivePerl-Winfaq4.html#What_s_the_equivalent_of_the_she
For further help look at
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Reference/Products/ActivePerl/faq/Windows/Install.html
>>
>>add by JoKoHo

- i renamed all the files that were .cgi to .pl so that active perl could read them properly. i don't know why this works, but it does. i also had to do a huge search and replace in all the code to change every occurance of .cgi to .pl

>>add by JoKoHo
>>
>> Just edit the Webserver-Configuration to run .cgi's like .pl's - how? Hm, look at:
http://aspn.activestate.com//ASPN/Perl/Products/ActivePerl-5.6/faq/Windows/ActivePerl-Winfaq6.html#How_do_I_configure_Microsoft_IIS
where you're told: (specially look at top 9 and 11 - so you have to simply add ".cgi" in the extension field - ready to run cgi's like pl's)
To configure IIS or PWS 4.0 to run Perl scripts:
1. Open the IIS 4.0 Internet Service Manager. This will bring up the Microsoft Management Console with the Internet Service Manager snap-in selected.
2. From the tree display on the left, select the level at which to apply the mappings. You can choose an entire server, web site, or a given virtual directory.
3. Select Properties from the Action menu.
4. If you chose to administer the properties for the entire server, the Server Properties dialog will appear. Select WWW Service from the Master Properties pull-down menu and click the Edit button under Master Properties. This opens WWW Service Master Properties. Select the Home Directory tab and proceed to step 7.
5. If you chose to administer the properties for an entire web site, the Web Site Properties sheet appears. Select the Home Directory tab and proceed to step 7.
6. If you chose to administer the properties for a virtual directory, the Virtual Directory Properties sheet appears. Select the Virtual Directory tab and proceed to step 7.
7. Click the Configuration button. This opens the Application Configuration dialog.
8. Select the App Mappings tab and click the Add button. You see the Add/Edit Application Extension Mapping dialog.
9. To run Perl as a CGI application, type the full path to Perl.EXE followed by %s %s. When a script is executed, the first %s will be replaced by the full path to the script, and the second %s will be replaced by the script parameters.
10. To run Perl for ISAPI, type the full path to PerlIS.DLL. The %s %s is not required for ISAPI DLLs.
11. In the Extension field, type .pl or .plx (or whatever extension you want to use).
12. The application mapping is now complete. Click the OK button and click OK to dismiss any remaining dialogs/property sheets.
13. Close the IIS 4.0 Internet Service Manager.
>>
>>add by JoKoHo

- I changed the link.cfg file accordingly and had to use double back slashes becuase perl thinks you are excaping the character. Now maybe there is a way to turn this off in Perl but I don't have access to the server. here is what I used: "D:\\mysite\\cgi-bin\\links\\admin" for the $db_script_path.

>>add by JoKoHo
right way! without that it would'nt work. and thats critical to this and other scipts too! Windows-paths (absolute File-System-Path's I mean! Not URL's!) in perl-scripts must have (ok ok some don't - but who can figure out which and which not - only trying gives the answer!) the form X:\\lokaldirectory\\subdirectory\\subsub\\... You have to try out if there are more absolute File-System-Paths to figure out, but for LINKS 2.0 here is only LINK.CFG to edit and have the script run. Be aware that there are more path definitions in the last part of the LINKS.CFG !! so I edited LINKS.CFG like that ( don't be worry - I naturaly use the german adaption of LINKS 2.0 from http://www.nicky.net/ but the structure is the same!):
# -------------
# Links
# -------------
# Links Manager
#
# File: links.cfg
# Beschreibung: Contains all the setup variables.
# Author: Alex Krohn
# Email: alex@gossamer-threads.com
# Web: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/
# Version: 2.01
#
# (c) 1998 Gossamer Threads Inc.
#
# This script is not freeware! Please read the README for full details
# on registration and terms of use.
# =====================================================================
#
#
# German Translation by Nicky
# http://www.nicky.net
# Deutsches Forum http://forum.nicky.net

# PFADE UND URLS BITTE ZU IHREN SERVER ABSTIMMEN
# --------------------------------------------------------
# PFAD UND URL für ADMIN CGI Verzeichnis. Ohne Schrägstrich.
$db_script_path = "C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\cgi-bin\\link2.0d\\admin";
$db_dir_url = "http://www2.kreisolpe.intra.net/linksd/admin";

# URL für BENUTZER CGI Verzeichnis. Ohne Schrägstrich.
$db_cgi_url = "http://www2.kreisolpe.intra.net/linksd";

# PFAD UND URL für HTML Verzeichnis. Ohne Schrägstrich.
$build_root_path = "C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\cgi-bin\\link2.0d\\pages";
$build_root_url = "http://www2.kreisolpe.intra.net/linksd/pages";

# PFAD UND URL für NEU Verzeichnis. Ohne Schrägstrich.
$build_new_path = "$build_root_path\\Neu";
$build_new_url = "$build_root_url/Neu";

# PFAD UND URL für COOL Verzeichnis. Ohne Schrägstrich.
$build_cool_path = "$build_root_path\\Cool";
$build_cool_url = "$build_root_url/Cool";

# PFAD UND URL für TOP Verzeichnis. Ohne Schrägstrich.
$build_ratings_path = "$build_root_path\\TOP";
$build_ratings_url = "$build_root_url/TOP";

# Datenbank Optionen
# Flock können Sie unter Linux/Unix Servern benützen, bei/oder Windows Servern stellen Sie es auf 0
$db_use_flock = 1;
# Sollen die Seiten ge-chach-ed werden? (0 = cache, 1 = keincache)
$db_nocache = 0;
# IIS headers benutzen? (1 = ja, 0 = nein).
$db_iis = 1;
# Feldnummer für die Kategorie
$db_main_category = 1;
# Referers -- welcher server darf links zufügen.
@db_referers = ();

# Email Optionen

# PFAD für Sendmail. # SMTP Server
$db_smtp_server = '233.172.22.25';

# Administrator Email. Bitte eine Eintragen!
$db_admin_email = 'me@you.com';

# Benutzer informieren wenn sein Link freigeschaltet wurde? (1 = ja, 0 = nein).
$db_email_add = 0;

# Benutzer informieren wenn sein Link geändert wurde? (1 = ja, 0 = nein).
$db_email_modify = 0;

# Log Datei für ausgehende Mails. Den genaueren PFAD angeben. Beim leer lassen wird es ignoriert. TIP, leer lassen ! Spart Platz am Server.
$db_mailer_log = 'C:\\temp\\linksd.log';

# Erstellungs Optionen
# Popularität der Links
$db_popular_cutoff = 0.03; # Top 3%
# $db_popular_cutoff = 10; # Top 10
# Einstellung wie lange werden die Links als neu angezeigt.
$db_new_cutoff = 8; # 14 Tage.
# Gesuchtes Begriff als Fett anzeigen ? (1 = ja, 0 = nein).
$search_bold = 1;
# Dateiname der Hauptdatei.
$build_index = "index.html";
# Endung der restlichen Dateien:
$build_extension = ".html";

$db_single_category = 1;

# CHMOD der Verzeichnise
$build_dir_per = 0777;

$build_span_pages = 1;

# Links pro Seite.
$build_links_per_page = 10;

# Soll die Detailierte Ansicht für jeden Link erstellt werden ? (1 = ja, 0 = nein).
$build_detailed = 1;
$build_detail_path = "$build_root_path\\Detailiert";
$build_detail_url = "$build_root_url/Detailiert";

# Vorlagen(Templates) benutzen ? (1 = ja, 0 = nein).
$build_use_templates = 1;

# Siten Titel
$build_site_title = 'Intranet-Linkliste';

# AB HIER BITTE NICHTS ÄNDERN

sub date_to_unix {

my $date = shift; my $i;
my %months = map { $_ => $i++ } qw!Jan Feb Mar Apr Mai Jun Jul Aug Sep Okt Nov Dez!;
my ($day, $mon, $year) = split(/-/, $date);

exists $months{$mon} or return undef;
$day = int($day); $year = $year - 1900;

require Time::Local;
my $time = 0;
eval {
$time = &Time::Local::timelocal(0,0,0, $day, $months{$mon}, $year);
};
if ($@) { die "Ungültiges Datum Format: $date - parsed as (day: $day, month: $months{$mon}, year: $year). Grund: $@"; }
return $time;
}

sub unix_to_date {

my $time = shift;
my ($sec, $min, $hour, $day, $mon, $year, $dweek, $dyear, $tz) = localtime $time;
my @months = qw!Jan Feb Mar Apr Mai Jun Jul Aug Sep Okt Nov Dez!;
$year = $year + 1900;
return "$day-$months[$mon]-$year";
}

sub long_date {

my $time = shift;
$time = &date_to_unix ($time);
my ($sec, $min, $hour, $day, $mon, $year, $dweek, $dyear, $tz) = localtime $time;
my @months = qw!Januar Februar Maerz April Mai Juni Juli August September Oktober November Dezember!;
my @days = qw!Sonntag Montag Dienstag Mittwoch Donnerstag Freitag Samstag!;
$year = $year + 1900;
return "$days[$dweek], $day $months[$mon] $year";
}

$db_script_url = $db_dir_url . "/admin.cgi";
$db_header_path = $db_script_path . "\\header";
$db_footer_path = $db_script_path . "\\footer";
$build_search_url = $db_cgi_url . "/suchen.cgi";
$build_add_url = $db_cgi_url . "/eintrag.cgi";
$build_modify_url = $db_cgi_url . "/aendern.cgi";
$build_jump_url = $db_cgi_url . "/verweis.cgi";
$build_email_url = $db_cgi_url . "/mails.cgi";
$build_rate_url = $db_cgi_url . "/bewerten.cgi";
$db_mail_url = $db_dir_url . "/nph-email.cgi";
$build_css_url = $build_root_url . "/links.css";

$db_lib_path = $db_script_path;
$db_links_name = "$db_script_path\\data\\links.db"; # PATH to links database.
$db_category_name = "$db_script_path\\data\\categories.db"; # PATH to category database.
$db_valid_name = "$db_script_path\\data\\validate.db"; # PATH to validation database.
$db_modified_name = "$db_script_path\\data\\modified.db"; # PATH to modification database.
$db_url_name = "$db_script_path\\data\\url.db"; # PATH to URL lookup database.
$db_email_name = "$db_script_path\\data\\email.db"; # PATH to email database.
$db_links_id_file_name = "$db_script_path\\data\\linksid.txt"; # PATH to links counter file.
$db_category_id_file_name = "$db_script_path\\data\\categoryid.txt"; # PATH to category counter file.
$db_hits_path = "$db_script_path\\data\\hits"; # PATH to hits directory.
$db_template_path = "$db_script_path\\templates"; # PATH to templates.
$db_rates_path = "$db_script_path\\data\\rates"; # PATH to ratings.
1;

note that URLs are left with "/" and ALL PATHS are changed to "\\" !!
>>
>>add by JoKoHo

- keeping with this idea i had to change every single hard reference to the path to \\ instead of /. There were over 200+ changes in multiple files. For example, "$db_script_path/data/links.db" had to change to "$db_script_path\\data\\links.db".

>>add by JoKoHo
>>
so I changed - like I mentioned above - the COMPLETE "paths"-entries in links.def - (also those under the line wich tells you not to edit anything beyond) - and it worked without doing that "horror-changing" of 200 paths
>>
>>add by JoKoHo

- Everything seemed to work at that point except builds would stall at what's new. So I manually created the New, Cool and Ratings directory in the pages directery. Then I commented out (by adding a #) this code in each of the new, cool and ratings subroutines:
if ($build_new_path =~ m,^$build_root_path\\(.*)$,) {
&build_dir ($1);
}

>>add by JoKoHo
>>
Hey- great! That's the reason for the ugly "Error Message : fatal error: Can't find unicode character property definition via main->a or a.pl at unicode/Is/a.pl line 0"

I first ( and thats the misleading and sneaking of that error-code) looked for that bloody "a.pl" and searched (till my search engine glows) for something like "unicode" in the scripts.
This code checks the existance of the directories for additional pages. So with that is checked, if the directories for the "NEW" "RATED" and "COOL" pages are there and if not- they shall be created. And that (why ever?) doesn't work on Win2k. So the solution is to delete that pieces of code in nph_build.cgi. Note that there is an appearance of that snipplets for each of the subjects. Futher to step 2 of that mission: If you delete the code for creating the directories you have to create them by yourself! Just do it like your definitions in links.def: ( for me it's like that)

in LINKS.DEF I have:
# PFAD UND URL für HTML Verzeichnis. Ohne Schrägstrich.
$build_root_path = "C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\cgi-bin\\link2.0d\\pages";
$build_root_url = "http://www2.kreisolpe.intra.net/linksd/pages";

# PFAD UND URL für NEU Verzeichnis. Ohne Schrägstrich.
$build_new_path = "$build_root_path\\Neu";
$build_new_url = "$build_root_url/Neu";

# PFAD UND URL für COOL Verzeichnis. Ohne Schrägstrich.
$build_cool_path = "$build_root_path\\Cool";
$build_cool_url = "$build_root_url/Cool";

# PFAD UND URL für TOP Verzeichnis. Ohne Schrägstrich.
$build_ratings_path = "$build_root_path\\TOP";
$build_ratings_url = "$build_root_url/TOP";

so I had to create

"C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cgi-bin\link2.0d\pages\neu" for the "NEW" subject and
"C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cgi-bin\link2.0d\pages\cool" for the "COOL" subject and
"C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cgi-bin\link2.0d\pages\top" for the "TOP" subject.
>>
>>add by JoKoHo

- i am still having some problems with deleting files but I think changing the permissions might help.
>>
>>add by JoKoHo
Dont have to delete Files - So this script works fine for me. I'm deleting old or useless links by use the Delete function under Links in the admin.cgi script.
>>

Otherwise links works like a charm.

Best of luch to you all.

By the way, never use the installers dotmatrix.

-Deryk (the hard way)

END OF DWENAUS MESSAGE################################################

So i hope with that I helped you.
It's a very nice Script and its very flexible.- Have a lot of fun...

JoKoHo!

INSERTED TO BE FOUND FOR SEARCHING THE FOLLOWING KEYWORDS:
windows 2000 cgi mime mime-type IIS Perl Can't find unicode character property definition via main->a or a.pl at unicode/Is/a.pl line 0
cgi-mapping cgi's top rated cool not created CGI-error error ActivePerl permission
INSERTED TO BE FOUND FOR SEARCHING THE KEYWORDS

Quote Reply
Re: Mabe the Solution for WIN2K,IIS,Perl In reply to
Please do not post duplicate posts in the forum...one is sufficient.

And this would be very helpful if posted in the Resources section of this site! So, add there, okay?!

Regards,

Eliot Lee Wink
http://anthrotech.com/
Quote Reply
Sorry for duplicate posting - my fault (Didn't find the first (smaller) posting to delete/edit it (it was 5 minutes before I had to go to lunch) ;-).
If it's better in Resoures so do it ...

Regards
JoKoHo

Quote Reply
Uh...anyone can add threads or resources into the Resources section, SO...do it yourself!

Regards,

Eliot Lee Wink
http://anthrotech.com/
Quote Reply
Ouhh, I see!

Regards,

JoKoHO

Quote Reply
Re: [JoKoHo] Mabe the Solution for WIN2K,IIS,Perl In reply to
For anyone interested, I just did an installation for someone who couldn't fix this problem (Can't find unicode character property definition via main->a or a.pl at unicode/Is/a.pl line 0).

The solution is VERY simple.

Your paths don't need to be \\ or \ and neither do your perl paths.

So for example if perl was installed in your C: drive the perl path would be C:/perl/bin/perl and not C:\perl\bin\perl

Secondly paths like C:\\Inetpub\\www.domain.com\\cgi-bin\\admin can be C:/Inetpub/www.domain.com/cgi-bin/admin

This erradicates the error.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Mabe the Solution for WIN2K,IIS,Perl In reply to
I understand the second part of your answer but how, or where, do you tell the script to address the correct perl location --- in relationship to *my* perl which is defined below? "D:\Perl\bin\" The "d" drive on my host server drive and I don't have access to it. Only the host....

If I modify nphbuild.cgi to correct the erro, what would go on the perl line (top line?)

Thanks for any help.

Building What's New Page . . .
CGI ERROR==========================================Error Message : fatal error: Can't find unicode character property definition via main->e or e.pl at unicode/Is/e.pl line 0Script Location : D:\html\users\pearlpublishingorg\html\cgi-bin\links\admin\nph-build.cgiPerl Version : 5.006001Form Variables-------------------------------------------Environment Variables-------------------------------------------ALLUSERSPROFILE : C:\Documents and Settings\All UsersCOMMONPROGRAMFILES : C:\Program Files\Common FilesCOMPUTERNAME : WEB104COMSPEC : C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exeCONTENT_LENGTH : 0GATEWAY_INTERFACE : CGI/1.1HTTPS : offHTTP_ACCEPT : image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, application/x-shockwave-flash, */*HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING: gzip, deflateHTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-usHTTP_AUTHORIZATION : Basic dXNlcjpwYXNzHTTP_CONNECTION : Keep-AliveHTTP_COOKIE : session2452563.0254=NEW&; login2452563.0254=01-21-2003%2003%3A36%20PM&2452661.1536; PnTf_2452563.0254=JFLsgzHQPPsBzEuN&151.213.228.63&17386416&&1&0HTTP_HOST : www.pearlpublishing.orgHTTP_REFERER : http://www.pearlpublishing.org/cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgi?display=navigationHTTP_USER_AGENT : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98)INSTANCE_ID : 129LOCAL_ADDR : 63.99.209.89MXBIN : C:\Formida\Fire3\mx\i386\win32\binMXHOME : C:\Formida\Fire3NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS: 2OS : Windows_NTOS2LIBPATH : C:\WINNT\system32\os2\dll;PATH : D:\Perl\bin\;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Symantec\pcAnywhere\PATHEXT : .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSHPATH_INFO : /cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-build.cgiPATH_TRANSLATED : D:\html\users\pearlpublishingorg\html\cgi-bin\links\admin\nph-build.cgiPROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE: x86PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER: x86 Family 6 Model 11 Stepping 1, GenuineIntelPROCESSOR_LEVEL : 6PROCESSOR_REVISION : 0b01PROGRAMFILES : C:\Program FilesREMOTE_ADDR : 151.213.228.63REMOTE_HOST : 151.213.228.63REQUEST_METHOD : GETSCRIPT_NAME : /cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-build.cgiSERVER_NAME : www.pearlpublishing.orgSERVER_PORT : 80SERVER_PORT_SECURE : 0SERVER_PROTOCOL : HTTP/1.1SERVER_SOFTWARE : Microsoft-IIS/5.0SYSTEMDRIVE : C:SYSTEMROOT : C:\WINNTTEMP : C:\WINNT\TEMPTMP : C:\WINNT\TEMPUSERPROFILE : C:\Documents and Settings\Default UserWINDIR : C:\WINNT
Quote Reply
Re: [Janed] Mabe the Solution for WIN2K,IIS,Perl In reply to
In Reply To:

If I modify nphbuild.cgi to correct the erro, what would go on the perl line (top line?)

Thanks for any help.
All those error messages are output by the Links 2 scripts, so for those to appear, admin.cgi must executing at least, therefore the path to Perl you have defined in that script must be correct.

If it wasn't, you'd get a 500 error.

In other words, check that the path to Perl (where defined) in all the other files is set the same as it is in admin.cgi