Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Installation problems

Quote Reply
Installation problems
I'm installing on NT. I installed Perl to C:\perl and tested a sample script so Perl is working.
I edited all of the .cgi scripts that came with Links 2.0 to point c:/perl/bin/perl.exe and I edited the links.cfg to include the proper paths, however, when I try to view the admin.cgi I get an HTTP 500 error, The page cannot be displayed.
Quote Reply
Re: Installation problems In reply to
Yes...you use absolute paths for all the PATH variables in the links.cfg, including the drive where your files are located!

Like the following:

Code:
$build_root_path = "C:/InetPub/wwwroot/web/links/pages";

And I am not a technician for Gossamer Threads...I am a volunteer programmer who uses Gossamer Threads scripts. I am no way shape or form associated with Gossamer Threads.

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center

[This message has been edited by AnthroRules (edited February 24, 2000).]
Quote Reply
The Perl Path should be the following:

Code:
#!\perl5//bin//perl

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
No dice. Same error message. Links 2.0 is installed on the E: drive, so would that change the Perl path designation?
Help me understand that line of code, so that I may adjust it for my scenario.
Quote Reply
No..The line of code I gave you references Perl that is installed (no matter which drive) in your server.

For instance, at my old job, we installed Perl in the D:/ drive, yet the Webs were located in the C:/ drive.

And the Perl path I gave you worked for me.

Best of luck!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
That's great that it worked for you, but it's not working for me. What about the links.cfg file? Do I put the absolute path to that in my admin.cgi? If so, should I use // instead of /. What about drive letters? What about the paths in the links.cfg file? Should those have drive letters, // instead of /?
Sorry to be frank but I imagine you are a technician for this company, I'm trying to install this application (and having no luck) and test it out before I look at links sql or purchase anything else.